Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Member - New Car

sovilla

Hi, im new to these forums but would like to ask your advice about buying a new fiesta.

I have never had a ford before and to be honest if Alfa Romeo were manufactruing at the moment I would have ordered a MiTo. However im unable to and need/want a new car fairly quickly. My second option was a fiesta and having looked at them yesterday in the showroom im rather impressed.

I was originally going for a diesel as I do around 500 miles a month with work however have read good reviews on the 1.0 ecoboost.

I am really terrible at making decisions and cant decide what trim to go with. Is it only the titanium trim that has the chrome door surrounds? (i know alot of people dont like them, however I think they look good on the blue candy colour).

If money was no object would you go for the titanium X trim?

Opinions please. :)

Hi and Welcome to the Forums , Titanium X would be top of the list for me

If you want a car quickly I wouldn't bother with a new fiesta, been waiting over 3 months

The Zetec has the chrome trim as well as the titanium. Only difference being you get more toys and nicer wheels etc on the titanium

Thanks for the reply. When I say quickly I mean in the next 3 months. I cant order the alfa till May and then its 3 months on top for delivery so looking at August. Im a girl im not that patient. lol

Its going to be orderd through my works Salary Sacrafice Car Scheme so whatever I order, other than the alfa will take 3 months. I do love the fiesta tho, the 3 door looks rather sporty. I have 5 kids and my other car is a 7 seater so this one is just for me and I want something sporty. :)

If you aren't too fussed about loads of toys, the Zetec-S is the one. You can of course add options to that but it had enough for me as standard. It has the heated windscreen, fabulous sports seats, awesome SYNC system and it looks the business too. TCH Derby had one in stock so no waiting for me. If you check out dealer websites you might find one in stock.

For the miles you do with work, diesel wouldn't make sense unless you do a shed load of personal miles too because it costs more to buy and fuel and would take ages to make the money back. I like diesels and have owned more than petrols over the years but this new EcoBoost engine is awesome. Silky smooth, economical enough so far (not run in fully yet) and very nippy indeed with the turbo kicking in low down. I have the 125ps version which is the only option on the ZS but have driven the 100ps and it was pokey enough. It's also free to tax, cheap to insure and cheap to fill up. You will be hooked once you have driven the fez. Class leading handling and 5 star review from What Car?

Check out these pics of mine:

IMG_1021_zps616f82f2.jpg

IMG_1020_zpsf0c599a3.jpg

IMG_1019_zpsaf24e338.jpg

I've got the zetec 1.0 ecoboost 100bhp version and I love it, it's quite nippy for what it is, the trim inside is good, all tho I expect the titanium to be better

Free to tax, cheap insurance, I can't comment on fuel yet as I've only put 25 pounds in and that took me to in between half and 3/4 quarters. I have noticed that the dial for petrol is going down quick were as I have 190M to zero and 32 mpg, assume its running in period for it to stabilise, going by the computer rather then the dial

Overall definitely recommend

Cheers!

I received my Titanium 1.0 Ecoboost (brilliant Car) within 14 days of placing my order. Ford have a pool of available cars and provided you are not too picky (colour, toys etc) you should be able to get one.

Should I go for the 16 or 17 inch wheels? If I don't go for the 17 then I may add in the Sony navigation system, what do you guys think?

Well, I think the actual style of the standard 16" alloys on my ZS look better than the 17" version but that is a case of each to their own. Personally, the tyres are low enough in profile as it is without opting for 17's. The inevitable outcome of choosing the 17's is feeling the bumps a bit more due to lower profile tyres and risk of damage from kerbing perhaps slightly higher. The alloys on my car can be seen in the pics above so if you go for a ZS and you like the 16's, put the cash elsewhere. I like the ZS as bog standard but mine came with privacy glass and spare wheel as optional extras. I think keyless entry and start is £500 is you fancy a gimmick! Up to you but I think the ZS is superb value for money so have a good nosey online and see whats available.