Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec-S Exhaust Mod

RyanC

Seen this stuff on the Internet but is it road legal?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-51mm-2-Flexible-Stainless-Steel-Flexi-Tube-1-Metre-Exhaust-Multi-Use-/230830064007?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35be8b4187

Reason I ask is wondering if you could get the exhaust of a zetec-s fiesta to look like the focus st exhaust.

Bumper is made for it IMO.

post-41794-0-92233800-1364132500_thumb.j

post-41794-0-60068300-1364132517_thumb.j

My friend used to have a similar look on his old Fiat Punto. This must've been at least 5 years ago

It can by all means be done:

image_zpsf8a352e1.png

But that was a sports system with proper pipes etc.

But I can't see that piping you've linked holding up very well and the sound wouldn't be great

Probably best spending a few hundred on a good exhaust system if honest.

Probably best spending a few hundred on a good exhaust system if honest.

Only problem is the car would be in ford options therefor probably given back at the end of it

Would ford do this? Or a company where ford warranty wouldn't be void?

Ford will charge you however much it costs to return the car to standard and in a sellable condition

Ford will charge you however much it costs to return the car to standard and in a sellable condition

Any guesstimates how much that could be?

Ummmm its whatever an exhaust and bumper cost plus labour, I'll have a little look now

You could argue that you'd only need to change the diffuser part but Ford will more than likely change the entire bumper:

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_rear_bumper_moondust_silver_f_1553559_c_1030.htm

£276

Can't find an exhaust but you'd be looking at £250 approx so £520 + labour

As much as a good idea it sounds it's often not worth it :( you'd also have to inform your insurance company who would easily add an extra £400 for those mods

As much as a good idea it sounds it's often not worth it :( you'd also have to inform your insurance company who would easily add an extra £400 for those mods

Yh, think il just leave it or buy a trim to get the exhaust On show at least

You can't get a tip unless they make one that has like a u-bend in it. Never seen it though. I had the same problem with first Fiesta (57 plate) I had to go and get a back box professionally fitted. It cost £130 so it's more than what a tip would cost but well worth it as you get the sporty noise to go with looks. Depending on the style you get it can also come under Neath the bumper (I didn't want to cut through the bumper, when I sold the car I removed the backbox and put the standard one back in).

Hope this helps

Believe this was you? Is this not an option then? Sounds perfect for my situation if true?