1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tradefast

No Radio Reception but CD works fine, will a reset work?

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

my radio doesnt seem to be able to pick up any stations. the radio display is perfect and you can search etc for stations but nothing is ever found. the cd player works fine with no faults. any ideals chums?

ps. have checked all fittings, plugs, fuses and leads to the radio and all are fine.

cheers

ford focus 1.6 CL 2002

Theres no way to reset the radio without needing the code. If you do need the code, find the serial number on the back of the unit (usually starts with a M) and post it on here, someone will return the code for you. As for whether it will help, its doubtful but worth a try. Its more likely to be the tuner thats died.

It's also possible that the aerial has become disconnected.

It's also possible that the aerial has become disconnected.
ps. have checked all fittings, plugs, fuses and leads to the radio and all are fine.

No its not :D

Just because the connections are sound at the rear of the unit, or even at the antenna, does not mean the cable hasn't fractured or shorted somewhere else. :P

I'll admit that's less likely though. Nonetheless, before condemning the tuner it might be worth hanging another aerial on the back.

Just because the connections are sound at the rear of the unit, or even at the antenna, does not mean the cable hasn't fractured or shorted somewhere else. :P

I'll admit that's less likely though. Nonetheless, before condemning the tuner it might be worth hanging another aerial on the back.

Having said that though, surely I should receive some sort of signal even if what you suggest might be true. I dont get any reception or even a weak station? .... just the sound of space !!! the universe and everything other than music.

Cheers buddy.

Having said that though, surely I should receive some sort of signal even if what you suggest might be true. I dont get any reception or even a weak station? .... just the sound of space !!! the universe and everything other than music.

Cheers buddy.

Not necessarily, the amount of electrical interferance around the dash area would be enough to render any weak signal useless without an outside aerial. Try borrowing someone elses headunit and see if thats different, if it is its the tuner.

Ahhhhhh hmmmmm you could be right, what would I know about ICE???

<EYES DOWN> -_-

Ahhhhhh hmmmmm you could be right, what would I know about ICE???

<EYES DOWN> -_-

A lot more than me, no doubt. :lol:

And trying another head unit will undoubtedly be easier than trying to hang a temporary aerial on the back of the existing one.