Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Titanium X Auto

Paul_S

Okay, I picked up my new car recently and as it is the new Auto (DSG) it differs a lot from my previous Fiesta.

Today, I thought I would try the Sports mode, but as you select this a green light appears on the Dash (looks like a car going down a slope).

Cannot find this anywhere in the instruction manual !

I think it is suggesting using this mode going down steep slopes (that would make sense as it drops the gears and holds them there) but thought I would check on here.

Paul

PS - loving the one touch windows on all four windows. Was only expecting that on the front two.

Okay, I picked up my new car recently and as it is the new Auto (DSG) it differs a lot from my previous Fiesta.

Today, I thought I would try the Sports mode, but as you select this a green light appears on the Dash (looks like a car going down a slope).

Cannot find this anywhere in the instruction manual !

I think it is suggesting using this mode going down steep slopes (that would make sense as it drops the gears and holds them there) but thought I would check on here.

Paul

PS - loving the one touch windows on all four windows. Was only expecting that on the front two.

I just want electric windows all round on my 2009 Titanium! :( *is trying to not be jealous*

To answer your question: could it be the traction control "off" light? :blink:

Here is a pic of the dash light.

2rd94i0.jpg

Looks like hill descent lol, I'd imagine your best bet is to go to Ford and ask if you're passing.

Paul

Was your previous fiesta an auto too? If so whats the main differences you've noticed?

(And your account details to the left under your display pic states its a 1.4 auto. I know the old (my) auto is a 1.4 - isn't the powershift a 1.6 though? :s )

I just want electric windows all round on my 2009 Titanium! :( *is trying to not be jealous*

Me too! My 2002 base trim hyundai accent had them yet my 2011 top of the range Ford doesn't! What a rip!

My 2002 base trim hyundai accent had them yet my 2011 top of the range Ford doesn't! What a rip!

*bottom ;)

Japanese cars tend to be better equipped for the same or less money than European cars, it's a rip-off! :(

My previous was a 1.4 auto (thanks for the profile note - now amended) but the 1.6 DSG is just so much better !!

Improvements:

Build

Heated seats

Electric Windows all round

Engine now a 1.6 on the auto

Loving the DSG gearbox - its fast in Sports

Against:

Microsoft Sync as it does not control the CD / Radio / Climate Control

Not having a USB connector in the glove box

My previous was a 1.4 auto (thanks for the profile note - now amended) but the 1.6 DSG is just so much better !!

Improvements:

Build

Heated seats

Electric Windows all round

Engine now a 1.6 on the auto

Loving the DSG gearbox - its fast in Sports

Against:

Microsoft Sync as it does not control the CD / Radio / Climate Control

Not having a USB connector in the glove box

Cool.

I was curious more about the improvements you've noticed purely in the auto tranny.

Does it change as smoothly/better than the old school one, and does the car still crawl and hold itself on hills etc?

I image when accelarating its nicer have 6 gears - entering a motorway with 4 speeds can sound like the engine is having to work hard to pick up speed

Cool.

I was curious more about the improvements you've noticed purely in the auto tranny.

Does it change as smoothly/better than the old school one, and does the car still crawl and hold itself on hills etc?

I image when accelarating its nicer have 6 gears - entering a motorway with 4 speeds can sound like the engine is having to work hard to pick up speed

The auto is great but you need to know that you need sports if you want it responsive.

I found that in Drive it can be sluggish when you may need the power, but is there straight away in Sports.

One major plus is the fuel economy. That is already noticable in the 300 miles I have done.

You can easily put your foot down on a duel carriageway or motorway and not realise the speed, I have regularly found that I am doing 90 when before it would take an age to get there. Oops !!

Lmao imagine the gearbox whine doing that in the 4 speed. It'd sound like an aircraft ready to take off!

P.s got any pics of the car (plus the interior & gear shifter)?

Never seen that symbol before, does anyone know what it is?