Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lowering Advice

ZeetecBlaikie

Yeah same here, found a few pics on Google yesterday, I'll try find them when I'm home.

Also I want to use the H&R lowering springs, as they are ford approved upgrade will I need to tell my insurance company?

• Like 1

Would probs have to tell your insurance company as its different from manufactures spec for the car. But then again it's not the biggest modification so the additional premium won't be to much.

• Like 1

Mine was lowered when I got it, so not 100% sure on how much or what brand. They're yellow springs though so I'm assuming Apex and it seems to be about 40mm all round. Best pics I have at the minute...

post-30295-0-09150700-1364228225_thumb.j

post-30295-0-15495000-1364228372_thumb.j

post-30295-0-08219700-1364228311_thumb.j

Think Eibach are the most highly recommended as they're Ford approved parts that you can get through your dealer, think they drop it 30-35mm. Adjustable rear camber bolts are also recommended to make sure everything's line up properly after the drop and prevent tyre-wear issues.

• Like 3

Mine was lowered when I got it, so not 100% sure on how much or what brand. They're yellow springs though so I'm assuming Apex and it seems to be about 40mm all round. Best pics I have at the minute...

Photo0496.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

Think Eibach are the most highly recommended as they're Ford approved parts that you can get through your dealer, think they drop it 30-35mm. Adjustable rear camber bolts are also recommended to make sure everything's line up properly after the drop and prevent tyre-wear issues.

Looks brilliant lowered on the 18s gives me a good idea what I'm looking for, should look decent on my 17s :)

Cheers pal! To be honest, it's pretty low and doesn't take too kindly to some of the dirt track roads I be on. Kerb clearance isn't great either, but I just take extra care and i think it's worth it for the looks and handling!

It should look decent indeed on your current wheels, makes a great difference to the stance over standard.

Haven't seen too many in your colour before, looks well! Have you got many plans for it?

Cheers pal! To be honest, it's pretty low and doesn't take too kindly to some of the dirt track roads I be on. Kerb clearance isn't great either, but I just take extra care and i think it's worth it for the looks and handling!

It should look decent indeed on your current wheels, makes a great difference to the stance over standard.

Haven't seen too many in your colour before, looks well! Have you got many plans for it?

I do a lot of Motorway miles over country roads and city driving so it should be fine, But as you said the look more than makes up for it :D

Yeah the colours unusual, makes it hard to decide what to do lol! First plans are to lower by 40mm all round and get a custom backbox by the end of May. The wheels im happy with but may want to colour ethier white or grey,

Cool, as said the colour's pretty rare so would be different anyway! Photoshop can come in handy for getting an idea of wheel colours, and I think a few guys were using a site recently where you can preview all sorts of different wheels on the car. It was discussed in Moy24's build thread if you get a chance to take a look.

Loads of tips for other small mods too on here, check people's signatures for ideas and guides if interested. ;)

• Like 1

Cool, as said the colour's pretty rare so would be different anyway! Photoshop can come in handy for getting an idea of wheel colours, and I think a few guys were using a site recently where you can preview all sorts of different wheels on the car. It was discussed in Moy24's build thread if you get a chance to take a look.

Loads of tips for other small mods too on here, check people's signatures for ideas and guides if interested. ;)

+1

I've got links to guides in my signature below this post,

Eibach lowering springs are supported and supplied by ford, Ive purchased my eibachs from ford.

I too recomend Eibach rear adjustable camber bolts cost less than 50 pounds and save your tyres from excessive wear.

Lowering mine in early May.

Eibach-Camber_zps495c13c9.jpg

get the camber bolts from rude racing - they have them on offer at the moment for approx £23 with free delivery.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice guys ordering the springs today with the camber bolts as well. Getting them fitted when the MOT is up at the end of April, and a few other wee things getting done in May :)

• Like 2

Thanks for the advice guys ordering the springs today with the camber bolts as well. Getting them fitted when the MOT is up at the end of April, and a few other wee things getting done in May :)

Sweet,

Look forward to an update of results mate, lowering mine in mid April too.

Without starting a new thread has anyone bought one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-FORD-FOCUS-MK2-STAINLESS-STEEL-EXHAUST-BACK-BOX-/251129308630?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a787925d6

Seems quite cheap and looks quality, Labled as a backbox but just looks like a fancy tailpipe :/

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club