Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.8Tdci Zetec. Faults!

SpamAz

I bought my focus approx 7 months ago, when I bought it I noticed the drivers side front tyre had a lot more wear and tear than all other tyres. When I asked them about it they said they'll change the tyre, which they did. They explained that there was a whirring sound but they couldn't point out where it came from. Said the wheel bearings were fine. This whirring sound is ongoing and has been the whole time I've had the car. It only ever kicks in when I'm driving over 30mph and gets louder the faster I go.

They said they'd given it a full service and mot before I bought it but yet still had to have a new water pump fitted as there was a leak. I then had to change the turbo pipe myself as it had split and warning lights came on. The pipe was easy enough to fit and has been fine since. I have recently noticed a power loss in the car. Not necessarily in pulling away but more in the higher gears 3rd plus. Anyone have any ideas about any of these mysterious faults??? Any help is appreciated

Aaron

Does it sound like an electric car? my sister has a fiesta and it did this, turned out the auxillery belt was knackered and needed replacing.

when speeding up ensure your revs are going up at same time as speed...will indicate cluthc/flywheel problems if not.

Also the EGR gets coked really badly on this one, ive cleaned mine a few times but ive seen a thread about blanking it off.

Thanks for the info I will get it all checked out and get back to you

what sort of mileage has the car done Aaron?

get a boost gauge fitted to it too, easy enough to do on the 1.8 engines. this will give you an idea if it is boosting correctly.

Done just over 82k I bought it 7months ago with 78k. It's not too bad I've had a little play on the A229 to see if the power was there and bugger me 5 O showed up. Haha. I'll try it another day but I'm sure the power loss in high ranges only. I'm going to give the car a proper full service next month as I'm sure the garage only told me they did to get rid of the car but it needs a lot. If I change the fuel filter will that give me more power and better mpg?

Oh and John revs are matching the acceleration rate. So no issue there. And the sound is very much like a wheel bearing needs tightening or changing

Fair enough, could be even just a binding brake making the noise, only getting the wheel off and having a good look will tell..

If the filter hasnt been changed then you will notice the car will have a little more power and mpg. If you check the link in my sig it will tell you all the problems i had with my fuel filter when i first got my car...real pain to change. tip: have a jerry can full of diesel. lol

Lol no probs I'll have a go at it anyway. Shouldn't be too difficult to change just the bleeding part that will wind me up. Haha. Cheers for the reply

Edited by stef123
Mind your language please

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club