Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led Lights For Footwell And Outside Car

scytheey

Hi guys

I have a ford fiesta style 62 plate, I am wanting to install led lights within the footwell of the passenger and driver side, I want red as some of the pictures I have saw on here look awesome. I have looked at other posts from people and people are saying wire into your courtesy light which I haven't got in the footwell of the passenger side, was wondering there any way I can get them to plug in to the cigarette lighter bit, and led lights for the outside of the car, are they road legal and is it easy to fit ? And also I have looked at links where to get them but every time I click one they have removed of the site so does any one know where to get them from both red and white

Thanks guys

i remember someone on here running a wire from the lights by the rear view mirror....im assuming you have the middle light that turns off/on when doors open/close.

may be of help

Hi guys

I have a ford fiesta style 62 plate, I am wanting to install led lights within the footwell of the passenger and driver side, I want red as some of the pictures I have saw on here look awesome. I have looked at other posts from people and people are saying wire into your courtesy light which I haven't got in the footwell of the passenger side, was wondering there any way I can get them to plug in to the cigarette lighter bit, and led lights for the outside of the car, are they road legal and is it easy to fit ? And also I have looked at links where to get them but every time I click one they have removed of the site so does any one know where to get them from both red and white

Thanks guys

The lights in the mirrors are called "puddle" lights, and come on when you open the door (to iluminate puddles, presumably) they are normally white

Red interior lights are called "submarine" lights because red lights were used on submarines

When you are driving on the load, your front lights should be white, side amber and rear red, blue lights are for emergency vehicles only and if you have other colours visible/ in the wrong place you may get "pulled"

thats why some "fancy" lighs have "for offroad use only" on them

Yes if you want the footwell lights to turn on and off with the doors opening and shutting like they should then you need to run a wire up into the light in the roof. If you don't mind then you can wire them into the cigarette lighter but you will need to fit a rocker switch as its permanently live. You can also wire them the an ignition live but they will come on when the car is started and stay on so again a switch will need fitting

The main courtesy light has two live feeds, one for the circuit to feed the light when opening doors etc. the other is for when you move the switch over for manual control of the light.

Which one you tap into depends on whether you want to manually control the lights or whether you want them to run off the door switches as would be a standard installation.

Thanks for the reply guys I want them on for when I switch my lights on so they work in. The nite in the footwell I want the outside ones to run all the time and could you give me a list of what ill need to purchase and where I could look or links even that would be great

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club