Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Strutter

Wobble Happening In Steering Wheel.

8 posts in this topic

Just a question as I seem to have developed a rather noticeable "wobble" in the steering wheel that comes a little more noticeable at speed ( about 60) but can feel it starting from around 30.

Theirs no sounds coming from any of the wheels, braking seems okay, tread on the tire still looks even.

Im thinking it wouldn't be a balance. alignment issue as I assume it would be the tire wear that would be affected and not cause a wobble in the steering wheel?

Could it be a warped Brake disc?...I have a horrible though that when I try and drive home tonight of seeing the wheel overtaking me on the motorway.

My money's on buckled alloy sorry to say :(

Got to be kidding me...dont think I have hit anything that hard over the last week to be honest.

If it IS this?..hoping not of course, what the best route to getting a new one now?

Also, for short term, is their much danger in driving it that way keeping the speeds low etc?

Check your tyres pressures. I get this loads in my van, and its always one of the tyres has gone down slightly. Either that or strong winds. As stated it could also be a buckled alloy, tracking or possibly a wheel bearing? I had that on my mk6 steering was going all over the place and I was getting a knockin noise. I was quite lucky my wheel didnt come flying off. Buckled alloys is a problem with the mk7 though

I was thinking though its not always completely consistent in the "wobble"...for example theirs some perfect new tarmac section on the motorway and it would come and go, Im thinking a warped wheel would be consistent all the time holding the same speed?

When you say a wobble in the steering wheel do you mean you are constantly having to adjust the steering to keep it in a straight line or the wheel is wobbling or vibrating about by itself?

So it turns out its a twisted tire! So no choice to take what they had in my size which are Falkens £240 for a pair!

So it turns out its a twisted tire! So no choice to take what they had in my size which are Falkens £240 for a pair....foook!

Ouch