Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mpg

masumba

hi guys ,as a recent purchaser of a fiesta 1.4 zetec ,ive just done my first official mileage check at 178 miles and its come out as 27.6mpg?

now i know i do a large number of very short journeys to and from work and its been cold etc but that figure seems alarmingly low .

what do you think of the mpg figure?is it too low?

my car is a 2012 model ex lease car

thanks in advance

kevin :wacko:

That's shockingly bad! How do you drive the car?

I have a 1.6 with 134bhp and even with a heavy foot I would average 30 around town.

It may need a good service, maybe some fuel cleaner and make sure your tyres are at the correct pressure and the tracking is aligned.

What's the mileage like on the car?

the mileage is 19k i got it from a ford main dealer in milton keynes .it is due for its annual service so i m going to point it out to them .admittedly most days i do less that a mile to work and the engine hasnt got warm .maybe thats the reason .anyway im not happy with it and im going to ask them why anyway .

My 62 plate 82ps drove normally gets about 38mpg. Thats 50/50 motorway and suburbs driving.

I would reccomend trying a longer route home or too work, i have realised that my 1.4 MK 6 uses alot less fuel by going a bit further, my morning journey is about a mile, i then drive about 6- 8 miles home, i have found that it runs a lot smoother and more quietly as well, its as if the injectors clog up, it also helps get oil up top on the engine, i would try it for a week and see if it makes any difference. Oh and for the record it gets a fair bit of abuse as i have to join a busy main road that is always fairly busy, no red lining but a fair bit of toe. I have heard that ford engines like to be revved also, if you have the worst habit of changing into 5th gear at 30 mph then try speed matching the gears.

thanks guys for your help .ill certainly give it a go nathan .im also going to give it a further mpg test and see how the second one pans out

• 5 weeks later...

Just brought my daughter a 56 plate fiesta zetec and mpg is 30.1 so I'm presuming we should be getting a lot more ????????

That's the 1.2 petrol by the way any ideas what I should be getting

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest getting a good quality after market air filter and using premium fuel.

I have the 1.6 petrol and it does:

70mpg cruising at 45-50mph.

48mpg combined

35mpg around town although on choke only expect to see around 26 until warm.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club