Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Not Moving When 1St Gear Engaged

DBL3

Hello,

I have been having this problem intermittently with my 59 plate Fiesta 1.25, when I start the car and put it into gear the car won't move. I have to rev the engine to above 2k rpm for it to move. Other times it will be fine but I can't think what could be wrong.

Also, when I start the car the 'powertrain' light comes on but goes off with the rest of the lights. I can't remember the light coming on before so I don't know if it is supposed to.

Thanks,

DBL3

Is it fine once you have moved off the first time? and normally worse after standing all night?

Is it fine once you have moved off the first time? and normally worse after standing all night?

Yeah its fine once I've moved off and it is worse once I get into it in the morning.

I've had problems like this were the engine hesitates to go. Sometimes it's full of power and sometimes not. I've always wondered if stability control quietly kicks in when it feels your car might slip. Tried unplugging the battery for the night which i've read in previous posts, but i didn't notice a change.

it could be the rear brakes freezing up over night with the cold crap weather. try parking the car with it in gear and hand brake off and see if you still have the problem.