Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Name: Kiefer
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec
  • Year: 2009

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

Looking good mate, liking that you have good idea and direction as to what you want and where you want to go :) Keep it up, looking forward to the progress 

Thanks mate. I have a vision in my head of how the car should look so here's hoping it turns out like that lol

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 kpg

kpg

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

Postman arrived with a few more things today  :D

2013-04-11+12.32.47.jpg

• Lockwood door sills
  • Genuine alloy pedals
  • Silvatech rear indicator bulbs 
  • spoiler brake-light sticker

Also Ford pickup up my car this morning. Sad to see it go but it needs repaired. The good thing is they left my with another Fiesta. Bad thing is it's not as well equipt as my own. And it's a 5door. And it's white. lol 

#18 kpg

kpg

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

Big news!

2013-04-12+16.42.16.jpg

Waiting to get my car back to see if it fits properly then it's off for colour coding  :) .

#19 kpg

kpg

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

Right update since last time.

• Spoiler doesn't fit  :(
  • Alloys on
  • pedals on
  • hids and leds back in
  • door sills on

Basically everything I had for the car is on now apart from the spoiler lol I spent 3 and half hours yesterday jacking the car up and putting the alloys on myself. Never tried anything like that before and now I'm sitting sore all over today :rolleyes: .

Here's a few quick snaps:

2013-04-20+17.38.47.jpg

2013-04-20+17.38.28.jpg

2013-04-19+19.12.13.jpg

Will get some photos of the interior up soon.

#20 kpg

kpg

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

Some more pics from yesterday:

2013-04-20+20.22.40.jpg

2013-04-20+20.22.58.jpg

2013-04-20+20.22.53.jpg

If anyones interested I have one of these stickers that says Focus, to fit a Focus, obviously. The guy I bought it off on eBay sent me a Focus one by mistake. He told me to keep the wrong one and he'd send me a Fiesta instead. Nice guy. Anyway, if anyone wants the Focus one just let me know and I'll get it in the post  :) .

#21 kpg

kpg

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

Here are a few pics of the interior after I put the new pedals and door sills on:

2013-04-21+11.53.04.jpg

2013-04-21+11.53.13.jpg

Not sure what else to do now though. I'm waiting until around June/July to get another genuine ZS spoiler and tinted sunstrip. I might have a go at spraying the front grills and fog light covers gloss black?

#22 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,627 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

How come the spoiler doesn't fit?

#23 kpg

kpg

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

How come the spoiler doesn't fit?

It was a fibreglass copy. My fault really, I thought I'd get a cheap fix with the copy but serves me right. I'll be getting a genuine ford one end of next month.

It sat too high above the roof line, screw holes didn't line up and no cavity behind high brake light for connectors to pass through.

#24 Bladerunner

Bladerunner

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Name: Martin
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.6 tdci 5 door
  • Year: 2010

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Hi Kiefer, I like what you have done to your Fiesta, the alloys were a gift at £70, red and black always looks great in my opinion.

Shame my Mrs doesn't agree!

I am intrigued by the high level break light, how is that a sticker, or am i reading your post wrong.

Cheers

Martin.

#25 kpg

kpg

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

Hi Kiefer, I like what you have done to your Fiesta, the alloys were a gift at £70, red and black always looks great in my opinion.
Shame my Mrs doesn't agree!
I am intrigued by the high level break light, how is that a sticker, or am i reading your post wrong.
Cheers
Martin.

Aye I'm well pleased with how they turned out on the car. Once I saw them up for sale I had to have them lol.

It is literally a sticker that sticks on your high level brake light. It's like a blackout thing where only light gets trough where it says fiesta, if you get what I mean ?

#26 kpg

kpg

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

Thought I'd take a night time pic of the interior. And might I just add #Champions2013  :P .

2013-04-22+22.08.15.jpg

#27 Maxxxykins

Maxxxykins

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Name: Max
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2012

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

Like what you've done with it! Looks good with the black and red contrast,

I've got a 1.25 Zetec but in Panther Black, looking to add some stuff soon,

Was just wondering how you got your calipers red? I didn't see anything about changing/painting them and i'm intrigued!

#28 kpg

kpg

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

Like what you've done with it! Looks good with the black and red contrast,

I've got a 1.25 Zetec but in Panther Black, looking to add some stuff soon,

Was just wondering how you got your calipers red? I didn't see anything about changing/painting them and i'm intrigued!

Hi mate, yea adding red accents on yours would look good. 

Calipers; when I was putting the new alloys on I just took a paint brush to them, pretty shoddy job up close but from far enough away it looks good lol DIdn't bother taking them off as I don't know how! I used Halfords own high temperature paint tins. 

If your looking to add some stuff, but want to keep it cheap enough for now, I'd start with the interior, leds for courtesy and footwell lights. I went white for ceiling courtesy bulbs then red for footwells, looks the bawlicks!

#29 Maxxxykins

Maxxxykins

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Name: Max
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2012

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

Hi mate, yea adding red accents on yours would look good. 

Calipers; when I was putting the new alloys on I just took a paint brush to them, pretty shoddy job up close but from far enough away it looks good lol DIdn't bother taking them off as I don't know how! I used Halfords own high temperature paint tins. 

If your looking to add some stuff, but want to keep it cheap enough for now, I'd start with the interior, leds for courtesy and footwell lights. I went white for ceiling courtesy bulbs then red for footwells, looks the bawlicks!

Hmm that may be an idea, i'm thinking about getting 17" black alloys in the same style as mine, mine are only 15" I think,

I have thought about the interior lights, like the footwell, changing them to red, the same as the ambient lighting around the rest of the car!

Also the headlights, is it worth changing them?

#30 kpg

kpg

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

Hmm that may be an idea, i'm thinking about getting 17" black alloys in the same style as mine, mine are only 15" I think,

I have thought about the interior lights, like the footwell, changing them to red, the same as the ambient lighting around the rest of the car!

Also the headlights, is it worth changing them?

Yea mate they look like 15"s. They 17" version are a nice alloy but be wary, there are lots of reports of how easy they are to buckle. Just a warning.

Definitely do the interior bulbs. They're all 501 Leds on the interior.

Headlights? Don't change the actual headlight unit but you can do whatever you want with the bulbs. I have a 6K HID set, 501 sidelights leds, stock hi beams and chrome indicator bulbs.

HIDs are a grey subject on whether they're illegal or not. If you're willing to take the risk I recommend these: http://www.car-mod-s...nbus-6000k.html

I've had mine in since november and not been stopped once, not even a sideways glance. I'm not saying it's the same everywhere but you wouldn't know unless you tried lol

I also have led fog bulbs which I admit I drive with on sometimes, and again, never been stopped by the police, and where i live i'm constantly driving past them.

I haven't been able to take a good photo of the hids + fogs at night whilst getting the colour to come through otherwise I'd have shown you a pic. I'll try do one tonight.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users