Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Suddenly Stopped

artscot79

well guys was out today with mrs and kids to go for a meal car was driving fine went round a bend went to change gear no gears nada nothing had to pull to the side of the road theres a little pressure in the clutch pedal but not much the gears will engage with the ignition off but not with the engine running no clutch slip no funny noises etc just suddenly nothing it was towed to the dealers who will looka t it either tomorrow or tuesday

My money would be on the hydraulics.

yeah my old man thinks it may be the master cylinder has gone had to happen on a weekend im off wi 3 kids in the car on the way to a nice meal thats that up the spout luckily i get free aa breakdown with my bank account so a free tow to the dealers just got to wait on them pulling there finger out it was weird how suddenly it happened

Would a split pipe from the master cylinder cause this to happen , thinking on the lines of loss of pressure.

the aa guy says theres a tiny bit of pressure in the pedal with engine off i can select 1st gear if i then try to start it in gear it just lurches forward then stalls

cars can be a pain sometimes im hoping its just hydraulic

this isnt good Arthur, hope the dealer sorts it out sharpish.

dealer wont look at it till tuesday and its stuck on its lonesome in there parking area well pxxxd off

i want my car back boooo aa guy knocked my s badge off the rear the xxxx

finally ive heard back the slave cylinder failed in the middle of a gear change since the release bearing and slave are one piece the release bearing stopped working the end result was the clutch pulled it apart so the pressure plate and clutch were shot warranty company paid for the slave cylinder and the gearbox removal costs all im required to pay for is the clutch and fitting at £347 not bad given the bill would be £800 i know ford prices i suppose but none the less the ti vct doesnt use the cheaper clutches clutch was £180 on its own happy days i get the car back tomorrow with a few advisories

the indicator is showing white so new bulb needed

the rear springs show signs of corrosion already knew that

the brake discs and pads need renewed soon on my list

Cars back and working the ti vct doesnt take the normal clutch it takes a £188 clutch the slave cylinder was £122 the gearbox oil was 19.00 litre total £54 then add seals and stuff £5 add vat £114 add labour total bill 687.97 i only payed £352 warranty paid the rest so not as bad but still a thump on the wallet none the lesswhen the slave cylinder fails it fails big time if you suddenly have no gears do youreself a favour dont let the aa try to start it in gear as it ripped the thrust bearing off knackering the clutch plate

just glad you got it sorted and had warranty.

Cheers trust me so did i when i saw the prices my mk1 1.8 with the same gearbox was £347 for a full clutch kit all extras and labour didnt even know the ti vct had a different clutch from the standard 1.6

glad to hear you got it back mate n you can say bye bye to the astra but jesus thats an expense you could of done without

Yeah it wasnt expected well worth noting how suddenly they fail

got me worrying now.

skint as it is cause we saving everything up for holiday and me insurance is due next week as well

got a 4 hour drive to wales next week definitely dont need anything going wrong

You'll be fine mate wouldnt worry about it if you have any doubts they will check the clutch for free pssst that was ford doing me a deal with half price labour and 10% off the parts or it wouldve been near £800 this clutch will be treated like a bloomin princess

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club