Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Name: Martyn
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2
  • Year: 2013

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

The clutch master cylinder in my Dads 2003 Focus has started leaking a tiny bit, not puddling or anything but the mat is slightly wet so it needs replacing.  Looking at past threads it seems people have got them for around £50 new, but all I can find is one on ebay for over £80 and another on a parts site for something like £76 plus vat.  Does anyone know the rrp for this part (finis 1595244) or anywhere else we can get a genuine one cheaper?  There's loads on ebay for a lot less, but these probably aren't genuine as they cost less than £40!

Also, does anyone know how long the current one could last for?  Could it suddenly go fully and leave him clutchless or will it be fine for a week or two?

Cheers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,624 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

IIRC the rrp of a genuine one is about £100

You can get a LUK part for about £35 which should be the same quality - to be honest i wouldn't be suprised if LUK actually made the original part.

I would get it sorted as soon as you can, who knows how long it will last for. It took me a couple of weeks to get round to changing it on my mk1 focus.

#3 dezwez

dezwez

Dezwez

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,122 posts
  • Name: Derek
  • Ford Model: ford focus 1.8 zetec mk 2.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

changed mine for cheep ebay one and its fine 3 years later

#4 MartynS

MartynS

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

Cheers for the replies.  I did see many of the LUK ones but disregarded them initially, though based on what's been said we're going to look at these again.  If it is the same as the ford part, even better!

#5 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,624 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

Cheers for the replies.  I did see many of the LUK ones but disregarded them initially, though based on what's been said we're going to look at these again.  If it is the same as the ford part, even better!

LUK make a lot of original equipment parts so they are a good quality brand

#6 MartynS

MartynS

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

Seems they do make the original - found a handy site in the process: http://www.findpart....t/luk-511017610.  Shows LUK's part number along with the finis codes.  Cheers again, can get one on ebay for less than £20 now!  Makes you wonder why Ford have so many finis codes for the same part though.

#7 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:41 AM

Seems they do make the original - found a handy site in the process: http://www.findpart....t/luk-511017610.  Shows LUK's part number along with the finis codes.  Cheers again, can get one on ebay for less than £20 now!  Makes you wonder why Ford have so many finis codes for the same part though.

The same part may be used on many different cars, and even makes of cars, it can be very confusing, and can disguise the origin of the part (which encorages you to pay Ford prices as you can't tell its the same part)  eg Jaguar X type / all the different Mk3 Mondeo diesels (2.0L/ 2.2L) all sharing the "lions share" of parts   

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users