• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Name: Kevin
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 Zetec
  • Year: 2005

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

....you're gonna cost me!!!  :)  :)  :)

Had the car a few weeks now and already I've made a list. 

Things I HAVE to get...

1. Two new tyres for the front(will put new ones on back and put back ones on front though) Sorted  ;)

2. Service kit ie oil, air, fuel filters etc

3. New wiper blades all round esp the back!

4. Mudflaps.

5. Get spare key.

Things I WANT...

1. Upgraded stereo. Only got bog-standard 6000CD unit with no AUX in! Don't know whether to go for another Ford unit or after market double-din or a single-din unit. Any pics of single-din with the adapter kit fitted would be appreciated  ;)

2. Mist jets.

3. Clear lenses for all three rear lights as well as a second reversing light.

4. Extra power supplies for the rear. Three boys with PSPs, DSs etc. Anyone put one in the back somewhere? I was thinking in the centre console above the wee pocket thingy  :wacko:

5. Rear footwell lighting. Done the front one thanks to this forum but now have no light in the boot due to robbing the bulb  :)

6. Heater control  k n o b s  replaced with the newer funkier ones as recommended here.

And probably many other things I cant think of right now. How many of them I get done will depend on available funds and SWMBO not finding out  ;)

I was going to upload a pic of the car but our upload speeds are dire just now due to, apparently  a break in the sub-sea cable somewhere out in the North Sea so here's a link to the Facebook page of the garage that sold it to the person we bought it from. It's now got an extra 10k on it but we got it for nearly half the price though. Not sure how they got off with advertising the fact that it's got air-con and a heated windscreen though  :wacko:

321548_285022404844057_1365213447_n.jpg

https://www.facebook...&type=1

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,826 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

On behalf of the forum and it's managers, administration, and excellent (:D) moderation staff I wish to apologise for the inconvenience of the drain on your bank balance/partners nerves.
We are aware that the forum may become addictive and intend to place all future posts into a plain wrapper and hide them away in a cupboard.
All future packaging will prominently feature images of Ford affectionado's feverishly scanning eBay for parts and drivers drooling maniacally at enticing how to guides.
Once again we apologise for the fact that we are currently the number one Ford forum on the web and vow that we will never ever ever change.
;)

#3 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

Haha welcome to the empty your pockets with upgrades , please scan my signature for any Mods which will cost you more :)

Hi and welcome BTW :)

#4 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,406 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 115BHP
Contributor

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

And so it begins :D

#5 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,455 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

....you're gonna cost me!!!  :)  :)  :)

Had the car a few weeks now and already I've made a list. 

Things I HAVE to get...

1. Two new tyres for the front(will put new ones on back and put back ones on front though)

2. Service kit ie oil, air, fuel filters etc

3. New wiper blades all round esp the back!

4. Mudflaps.

Things I WANT...

1. Upgraded stereo. Only got bog-standard 6000CD unit with no AUX in! Don't know whether to go for another Ford unit or after market double-din or a single-din unit. Any pics of single-din with the adapter kit fitted would be appreciated  ;)

2. Mist jets.

3. Clear lenses for all three rear lights as well as a second reversing light.

4. Extra power supplies for the rear. Three boys with PSPs, DSs etc. Anyone put one in the back somewhere? I was thinking in the centre console above the wee pocket thingy  :wacko:

5. Rear footwell lighting. Done the front one thanks to this forum but now have no light in the boot due to robbing the bulb  :)

6. Heater control  k n o b s  replaced with the newer funkier ones as recommended here.

And probably many other things I cant think of right now. How many of them I get done will depend on available funds and SWMBO not finding out  ;)

I was going to upload a pic of the car but our upload speeds are dire just now due to, apparently  a break in the sub-sea cable somewhere out in the North Sea so here's a link to the Facebook page of the garage that sold it to the person we bought it from. It's now got an extra 10k on it but we got it for nearly half the price though. Not sure how they got off with advertising the fact that it's got air-con and a heated windscreen though 

Very sorry mate,
The one thing you can't blame us on is the break on the sub sea cable,
But any other joining of cables we can help you with lol
But fitting a 12v at the rear of the centre console would need to sit loose under the front seat because the cavity in the centre console is less than 8cm
Autostar on ebay stock and sell; free standing waterproof capped 12v sockets with loom
So you could extend one to under the seats.

#6 Pitmonster

Pitmonster

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: 2006 Mk2 Focus 1.8 TDCi Zetec (Climate)
  • Year: 2006

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

Hi Kevin,

I've installed a single-din head unit in my Focus, with a face-place adaptor.

See the link below for pictures (scroll to the bottom)

http://www.fordowner...tereo/?p=156091

The thread also includes part numbers for the fitting kit, and the wiring loom that links to the Focus steering controls

#7 JayTDCI

JayTDCI

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Name: Jay
  • Ford Model: Focus RS MK1, Focus TDCI MK2
  • Year: 2003

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

hey, the clear rear lights have different wiring to your current ones!

#8 Turvey

Turvey

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. Just added a number 5 to the HAVE TO list, must get a spare key made. Anyone know anywhere around the Inverness area where you can get this done? It seems there's no-one up here can do it and we're away south next week so would be an ideal opportunity to get it done. 

Thanks for the link Dave, I think that'll be the route I go down if/when circumstances allow.

Jay, does that mean clear lenses is not possible or just a bit of a faff to get changed? 

#9 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,455 posts
Contributor

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

The clear lens fog light mod is possible straight swap,
The clear lens tail light units are possible but you require the little loom that goes from the tail unit and plugs in to the main loom inside the rear quarter panels.
Once you have this section you can splice your existing plug loom to the new units.
With the use of a haynes manual.

#10 Turvey

Turvey

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

Would something like this be shallow enough to fit in the rear of the armrest/console? http://www.ebay.co.u...=item20b4712806

They have a different one which looks smaller but I prefer the look of the first one http://www.ebay.co.u...=item20b55eb561

#11 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,455 posts
Contributor

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

Would something like this be shallow enough to fit in the rear of the armrest/console? http://www.ebay.co.u...=item20b4712806

They have a different one which looks smaller but I prefer the look of the first one http://www.ebay.co.u...=item20b55eb561

Sadly mate the depth of all 12v sockets are the same in order to accept the standard 12v plug length.
You may just squeeze one in under the bird bath scoop in the rear of the centre console you would have the internal depth required but may not have the circumference clearance further inside without fouling the armrest storage compartment.
While your their why not fit some bird bath illumination

Image1770.jpg

Image1778.jpg

Works good for free aftershave samples lol

Image1794.jpg

#12 Turvey

Turvey

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

We seem to have different types of console. Mine has a small pullout ashtray type thing and the top panel pulls off as well. 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_00000045.jpg

#13 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,455 posts
Contributor

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

We seem to have different types of console. Mine has a small pullout ashtray type thing and the top panel pulls off as well. 

Ah I see,
You would easily fit a 12v socket either to the exterior face of the pull out panel or fit a self contained 12v socket facing upwards and bolted to the rear wall of the pocket.
Using one like this.
http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a0793e52a
Or
http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a0d77a1b5
Would be tidy hidden inside the pocket.

#14 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 16,206 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

haha, sorry about the addiction to the forum, however we can only really be held responsible for the things you want to do :P your legally obliged by law to sort the rest :P

#15 deanoo

deanoo

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus
  • Year: 2008

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

Hi Me too always looking at different posts and thinking shall I do that to my Focus. Every time I spend money on my car I have to spend the same amount on the wife, I just need to get smarter.....

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users