Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2002 Ford Mondeo

35005CP

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I have some experience of Ford Focus.

How do you go about Changing the Front and Rear Pads and Discs all round on a 2002 Ford Mondeo?

Is it an easy job? Such as the Pads/front discs on a Ford Focus?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

hope these to links help. first two for the pads, the front disc is simple, just remove the calipers with two bolts.

http://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Brake_Pads_-_Changing_Front

http://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Brake_Pads_-_Changing_Rear

the rear is a little more complex with having hand brake, this link says about bearings but it explains how to get disc off first

http://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/Rear_Wheel_Bearing

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Steve. Will come in useful when I do the brakes when the weather cheers up. Do you know how to go about adjusting the Handbrake cable? The handbrake Lever goes high and still doesn't hold the car completely when it is on.

Thanks

Andy

theres a manual adjuster on the handbrake cable equalizer, when youve done the pads, tighten that up and see if it helps

The pads are okay at the moment. Can I do this now? Which rear wheel (Passenger or Drivers Side) is the manual adjuster on? and is it an easy thing to do?

Thanks

Andy

The pads are okay at the moment. Can I do this now? Which rear wheel (Passenger or Drivers Side) is the manual adjuster on? and is it an easy thing to do?

Thanks

Andy

The manual ajuster is in the middle of the car, where the nearside and offside handbrake cables meet to join with the main cable

Any pictures or Video Tutorials on doing this?

Thanks

Andy

if you get the haynes manual it has plenty of pictures.

or get underneath and have a look, if you follow the two cables till they meet you will see the adjuster then just tighetn up accordingly :)

folks, you need to make sure you activate the handbrake lever on the caliper until piston contacts back of new pads before making any adjustments on the cable[or operating the foot pedal]...you can move the lever by hand, or keep pulling on the handbrake lever till that contact is made...

otherwise the handbrake mechanism inside the caliper stays fully extracted, therefore requires more movement of the lever on rear of caliper, therefore more adjustment on cable to compensate the slack.

it may well adjust eventually if you dont do above procedure first, it may not, as ive never fitted new pads without doing this first....and ive yet to adjust a cable afterwards

• Like 1