- - - - -

2001 Fiesta Mk5 1.3 - Idle Control Valve Issue?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 thm93

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Tom
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk5
  • Year: 2001

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

Hi People,

I'm having a problem with my Mk5 Fez, and was wondering if I could get any advice from you FOCers! ;)

I have the "wonderful" 1.3 Endura-E engine first and foremost, which means the wonderful 8v of tappets! Anyway, the car is holding a constant high (approx 2000 - 2500) rpm on idle, and increasing further every time I push the clutch down.

I'm pretty sure it's an idle control valve issue, as I've seen from my research that this is a pretty common problem. I DC'd the valve along with the black plastic bracket behind, gave them both a spray and wipe over with WD40; but to no avail.

I've got a pretty strong feeling that it's to do with some kind of loose connection. I've had this problem before well over a year ago, the last time I changed the oil (I know, I should do it more often!). More to the point, it was the last time I took the oil cap off (the one with the two breather pipes, in yellow on the link). I don't know how that could have affected the idle control valve, but it's too much of a coincidence that the last time this happened was the last time I pulled that cap off.

http://www.askthemec...ntrol valve.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tom. :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users