Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cambelt Change

T8mmo

Got a 2007 focus st and was wondering when it would be due a Cambelt change if at all. It's got less than 50k miles and its a mk2 st3?

• Like 1

It's 125k miles or 10 years according to the service schedules on ETIS.

Camshaft drive belt, tensioner and idlers : Every 125 000 miles/10 years - Renew

• Like 1

yeah at youre peril given they snap on the st at as low as 50k miles and less than 7 years i wouldnt go by that the general consensus is 5 years 60k miles as the tensioner is not gauranteed for the 125k miles and the tensioner goes early taking the belt with it

• Like 1

yeah or this i personally know of 3 that have snapped below 80k and 8 years nets full of them http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/ford/focus-st-2005/?section=bad

no offence mate but the official figure s are crap many focis no matter what engine go well before the stated interval and ford arent interested when they do the pros recommend doing it at normal car intervals ie 5 years 60k etc simply because they never or rarely make the 125k many posts on here of belts that have went suddenly and early so its not worth the risk a few hundred for a new belt kit or a few grand on a bust engine

• Like 1

No offence taken : I'm running a tad modified and I'm not going to wait until 125k or 10 years! Probably next year when it hits 70/80k.

It's all opinion though at the end of the day - Ford state a time schedule - it's up to individuals to decide if they want to follow them.

PS: As an aside; I run a Puma forum, and even though they're known to be free revving engines, I've only heard of 3 belts / tensioners going in all the time I've been associated with them. Forums / websites only ever hear of the horror stores and not the thousands of "non-horror" stories.

• Like 1

That's the thing really, it's whether to risk it for as long as possible or get it done earlier on. Mines had a super chips stage 3 upgrade so might have to get it done a little bit earlier than seeing out the full length of time

• Like 1

Would driving style play any part in a Cambelt change out of interest?

• Like 1

If you rag the nuts out of your car all the time then I'd get it done sooner than if you were miss daisy.

• Like 1

If you rag the nuts out of your car all the time then I'd get it done sooner than if you were miss daisy.

Best change it soon then!!

Gotta love the honesty lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club