Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Sport Van Lights Always On

Geeza Dude

Just bought a used Sport Van. The auto light switch works, however when I turn it to "off" the lights stay on......Am I doing something wrong?

Also, does this model come with locking wheel nut key as standard? Mine is missing.

Are Hankook tyres provided as standard? It's done 8K miles so I don't think the tyres would've been changed yet....

Cheers, any help appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

I took the vehicle into my local Ford dealership, they said its fitted with daytime running lights. I can't find anything in the handbook about this; are they trying to fob me off & not fix a problem?

What model is it, the facelift or prefacelift? The prefacelift has daylight running lights, which use the high beam bulb as the DRL via a second filament in the bulb.

Thanks for your reply big Dave, how do I check whether it's a pre-facelift or not please?

DRL's are only the front lights? so back lights will not be on I think?just go to the back and have a look.

Thanks Dah, I'll check. The issue I've got was just one of uncertainty really. I've checked Ford etis & can't see that they've been fitted as standard. The handbook doesn't mention daytime running lights so naturally I thought there was a fault with the switch or fuses etc. The dealership I bought it from was useless (Ford commercials, Dagenham) I've had another issue with them over supplying a locking wheel nut key that the salesman assured me was in the glovebox on handover; surprise! It wasn't there & now I've gotta wait for another to be made? Surely Ford must have spares available?

• 2 months later...

Hi, looking for a bit of help too on this subject. I too have just bought a used sportvan (pre face lift) and can't find a way to turn the lights off (nothing in the manual).

I expected DRL but I wasn't expecting the dipped beam and the rear lights to be on all the time! It has a 4 pos switch, the OFF position all lights are on, side light position the dipped beam actually turns off, lights on positon all lights on and auto position all lights stay on all the time. I have checked and it is a single filament bulb in the projector lights (dipped).

I thought there must be something wrong but appears I might not be alone.

@David did you get anywhere with this?

be@st;

I've spoken to Ford inverness & they've finally told me they're DRL & can't be switched off!

Seems pointless having an off switch AND auto headlights but there you have it!

Mine was a demonstrator & had some extras fitted......

Good luck & enjoy the van; I'm happy with mine!

Thanks for reply.

Yea mines a ex demo too. It seems unbelievable to have a 4 position switch which 3 positions do exactly the same!

Pleased with it so far :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club