Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting custom rims to Fiesta Titanium with bodykit

JAR897

Hey guys...

In concordance with my other post, I was wondering the following;

If the price of new wheels was less than, say £600 then I could drop the Titanium X pack and opt for fitting my own custom wheels in a nice black which would match the blacked out wheels and contract with the white bodykit nicely.

However there are a few issues with this;

Firstly, you don't get the leather interior if you don't opt for the Titanium X pack, although I'm not perticularly fussed about the leather (im buying the titanium X pack primarily for the wheels and the leather is an added bonus).

Secondly, I don't know the dimensions which are required to fit custom wheels.

Finally, the price - If it was going to cost as much for 4 new wheels as it was to get the Titanium X pack (£1000) then I would go for the Titanium X pack as you get leather and a better ride too! (added bonuses really).

I have seen a few people on here have added custom wheels to the new ford fiesta (09+) and was wondering if you could tell me what offset etc I would need to know... also where you got your rims from / what size / how much £££ etc. Any useful info will be appriciated

This is just an afterthought, after seeing the Mountune with the black rims. Sweeet. I would go for that but i NEED (yes, im a geek) all the extra kit such as blue tooth, auto headlights and cruise control which you get as standard with the titanium.

I have a Zetec MK7, and wanted the Titanium X 17" alloys, was quoted £800+ for the tyres, fitting and alloys from my dealer and told it would void my varrenty if anything happened related to the wheels. If I were you I'd just get the X pack

I have a Zetec MK7, and wanted the Titanium X 17" alloys, was quoted £800+ for the tyres, fitting and alloys from my dealer and told it would void my varrenty if anything happened related to the wheels. If I were you I'd just get the X pack

void warranty, hahaha they do try it on... I got the genuine Ford fittment 17" wheels from somewhere other than my dealer, cos they'd only sell me them as part of X pack due to demand. I'd like to see them win a warranty dispute with those in a court.

17"s have 205/40/17 tyres on the mk7, with the regular fiesta offset and pcd.

Never mind guys...

I think i'm going to go with the sea gray.. which means I would be getting silver rims anyway instead of black...

and look just how mice theese look here:

Untitled.jpg

Can;t wait. Now just got to be 100% sure I want it in Sea Gray not white. Man I have alot of decisions to make. lol.

Oh and I just came off the phone from my local dealer. He said that any custom wheels wouldn't void the warrenty, providing the wheels remain within the specified offset and protocols the car can handle (max 18" he thinks!)

So yea should't be a problem for anyone else who wants to do it.. but for me I think its too much hastle, especially when buying almost a 15,000 car i dont really want to then have to get the wheels swapped. lol.

If you fit costum wheels to it, 17x7 offset 38 and up will be no problem at all! - 18x7 offset 38 and up should also be fine... but remember that tyres in 205-215/35 R18 is not so easy to find in a good quality without they are pretty expensive, due to the "odd" size!

I belive that a 17x7,5 or 18x7,5 with a offset of 40 or higher will be ok as well... but if you go for a offset of 40, I would be a little cautious with a heavy lowering of the car! ;)

:)

I know you are really torn between the two colours, so why not pop to your dealership and find out which out of the two colours you can get your hands on first - if there is a different of months I am sure it will help make your mind up lol. Anyway I am biased and say go with the white, of course unless you live near me then dont, as I am the only white one here atm rofl x

I know you are really torn between the two colours, so why not pop to your dealership and find out which out of the two colours you can get your hands on first - if there is a different of months I am sure it will help make your mind up lol. Anyway I am biased and say go with the white, of course unless you live near me then dont, as I am the only white one here atm rofl x

Lol. No I don't live neer you... Well my dad has an appartment in London but I'm hardly ever there. Anyway.. I want to be the only white person in my area... so we may never NEVER! meet.... Unless to take pictures of the ONLY TWO WHITE FIESTA'S in Britain... that would be a cool photo.... I'm going to Photoshop that right now .lol.

On a serious note, the car is going to have to be factory ordered anyway.. so the time is'nt realy an issue as both would take equally as long. (it need to be factory ordered due to the amount of options im adding on). lol. Anyway.. I still can;'t decide.. so i think i will pop into the dealership to see if they ahve the cars thee to view. Hopfully that will help me make my mind up. lol.

I have a black fiesta which i love. But if i was going to get the high spec you got i would get white to draw attention to it. The sea grey is nice, dont get me wrong, but the white just finishes it off :) thats just my $0.02

I was also told I would have to get my speedo etc recalibrated, is this true? or can I just put official for 17" on my zetec (which has 15") and go?

I was also told I would have to get my speedo etc recalibrated, is this true? or can I just put official for 17" on my zetec (which has 15") and go?

I wouldn't worry about it too much, your only looking at a difference of upto 3% or so, and there's more chance of your speedo reading out more than that from the factory, usually reading faster than actual speed.

In reality, the rolling circumference should be very near the same give or take a few percent.

According to the brochure the fiesta comes with the following tyres on said wheels.

The 15" wheels have 195/50 profile tyres.

The 17" wheels have 205/40 profile tyres.

Although the 17" wheels are 2" bigger on diameter, the profile of the tyres is less, meaning the sidewall height (from edge of wheel rim to the outside of tyre) on the 17" tyre is smaller than the 15".

The overall diameter of the above wheels including tyres is:

15" wheel and tyre diameter is 22.67"

17" wheel and tyre diameter is 23.45"

This means that the 17" wheels are 3.33% bigger diameter than the 15" wheels which makes the speedo approx 3.45% too slow. In theory, if your speedo was calibrated exactly, which I doubt, the speedo would show that you are doing 58mph instead of the actual 60mph. Take into account the speedo probably reads too fast anyway, then it's not something I would worry about and I certainly wouldn't go to the expense of getting it calibrated. In fact, it would probably bring the speedo to the correct road speed than anything else.

As Keith said it ain't needed.

Look on the following page for "A tyre size calculator."

http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg2.html

Put in the standard tyre profile, then the intended (eg 205 40 17) and you can calculate the difference in rolling radius.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club