Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk6 Trolley Jacking Points?

dmxsta

Hi all,

So I am in need of jacking up my fez and cant seem to find a suitable trolley jacking point, I know I can use the sills but i'm guessing that's only for the standard scissor jack. If I used the trolley jack on the sills i'm guessing they would bend... Also would it be okay to place jack stands under the sills or would there be a better place to put them as well?

If anyone has any pictures of mk6 jacking points that would be a great help!

Also would this be a safe place to use the trolley jack?

c9iegfHl.jpg

Thanks for any help!

I used my trolley jack and lifted the car in the same place as the standard jack, did the same with my Mondeo and no harm done.

The car is strengthened at the jacking points to take the weight.

I use a trolley jack but with a simple home made jacking point protector.

You need three bits of timber screwed together with 2 screws securing the upper blocks to the lower block.

Thing to note :-

1. The slot bewteen the upper blocks is deep enough to take the full depth of the sill lip.
  2. The gap between the two upper blocks is 5mm to 6mm.
  3. The lower block is big enough to overlap the trolley jack's saddle.
  4. Don't use too soft a wood or any that's already cracked.

Jacking Block

The above (simple) image shows the side and plan view of the jacking point protector.

Okay thanks for the help!

So you're saying I can use it on the sills without them bending? Also is there any other places to jack it up, or would making that bit of wood be my best bet?

Also in the picture I posted does anyone know if it's safe to put 2 axle stands either side when jacking up the front of the car, is that a strong part? Or shall I just place them on the sills?

Thanks

I use a modded hockey puck with a groove cut in it with my trolley jack and its perfect.

As Will says above cut a grove in an ice hockey puck (On eBay for less tha 2 quid) and use that under the pinch weld where the standard ford jack goes.

Picture here though the grove in the pictured one is cut far to deep for the Ford and is for a different car..

Jacks002_zps176ca2cc.jpg

Okay thanks for your help guys,

could anyone tell me if it would be safe to place 2 jack stands either side of this metal bar when jacking the front of the car up? or can I just put jack stands on the sills without them bending?

c9iegfHl.jpg

When you have the car jacked up put AXLE stands under the AXLE of the car..

When you have the car jacked up put AXLE stands under the AXLE of the car..

Errr Where is this AXLE ???????????

Lets start again... Jack under the pinch weld where the normal Ford jack would go.. Use your trolley jack using the adaptor as shown above..

IF going under the car or for anything more than say a simple wheel change the put Axle stands under the most heavily constructed part of the car IE a chassis rail. Keep the weight of the car on the jack and rely on the axle stand as back up in case the car should move or topple or the jack should loose its hydraulic pressure..

Unless I'm missing something there is no axle on a Fiesta...

Technically there is an axle, its the bit the wheel rotates on.

As Charlie says put the axle stand under ther car to support the weight should the jack fail or the car moves.

If you are working on the wheel/suspension/brakes put the axle stand under the chassis leg or the front subframe, NOT on any engine part or the floor

Technically there is an axle, its the bit the wheel rotates on.

As Charlie says put the axle stand under ther car to support the weight should the jack fail or the car moves.

If you are working on the wheel/suspension/brakes put the axle stand under the chassis leg or the front subframe, NOT on any engine part or the floor

Errr Isnt the bit the wheel rotates on the drive shaft ?... :D Just teasing !

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club