Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

xFiestaLoverx

Question About Brakes

3 posts in this topic

If I'm on a slight hill and i press the brakes it will stop the car (obviously) but when I release the brake I can actually hear a noise like the callipers releasing the front disk. Is this normal?

Should you hear any sound at all when you press and release the brakes?

Also in terms of rust, how rusty do disks have to be for them to need changing?

If your on a hill yes the brakes will make a noise as the pads release the disc.

The discs typically rust from the outside edge in, if they are ventilated and the internal webs look rusty the MOT tester will fail them. Its a bit subjective and depends on the tester.

If your on a hill yes the brakes will make a noise as the pads release the disc.

The discs typically rust from the outside edge in, if they are ventilated and the internal webs look rusty the MOT tester will fail them. Its a bit subjective and depends on the tester.

Thank you.