Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fit Audio Control To Steering Wheel

g82l

Hi looking to fit after market audio controls to steering wheel on 08 fiesta zetec anyone know how?

Car has never had before and doesnt seem to have connection available can it still be done?

Welcome to the club. Please dont post the same post twice in different sections, if youve posted in the wrong section contact one of the moderators and we will move your original post thanks. I think it is possible 2 minutes and ill have a look about to see what you need

You'll need the following;

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_mk6-steering_column_mounted_audio_switch_f_1346664_c_325.htm

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_mk6-lower_steering_colum_cowl_with_audio_switch_fitment_f_1329910_c_325.htm

Mk6 fiestas are usually all fitted with the same wiring loom and if something hasnt been fitted the wiring for it is normally still there just hidden/taped up. Remove the steering wheel cowl and have a look look for the connection you should find its somewhere there

Thanks, does the cowl just clip off ?

If youl look underneath the steering wheel theres 3 screws

Ok thanks I will have a look

Took off the cover and thats what is underneath, is that got right thing?

Can you see any loose connectors anywhere? It my be set right back into the rear of the steering wheel-follow the wiring back. You also tend to find there will be a connection at the rear of the stereo-again this might be taped up out of the way/not immediately obvious

OK i look again, is that the housing for the controls that i can see? just need to find the connection for stereo.

What is the connection that im looking for btw?

See in at the steering column have a looj and see if theres any loose connector plugs not going to anything it might be right up by the one of the two stalks. I cant realy tell from the picture

Moved to New Modification Discussions section :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just done this to my girlfriend's fiesta, te connector I found looks like it is the one I've circled in red on your picture (taped up)

photo-42286.jpg

• Like 1

oh excellent thanks i will check it out and let you thanks again

• 1 year later...

sorry to bring back an old thread back from the grave but if doing this add on do you need a different plastic cover - so technical - I'm looking at adding this to my fiesta mk6.5 but i can't work out what to do with the plastic cover and if its needed..... any help would be appreciated