Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Perimeter alarm

smithy254

Morning, just took delivery of my Fiesta Titanium - first Fiesta I've had since I bought a red Mark 2 in the dim and distant past, over-riding memory of that one was that it used to cut out every time you went through a puddle - happy days! Very impressed with the new one so far, still finding my way round the various knobs and menu's but getting good tips from this site. One question I've got - the Titanium is meant to have a perimeter alarm and, despite double pressing the lock to set the alarm, mine doesn't seem to have anything of the sort - have had a few of the local chavs pressing their grubby little faces against the window to have a look inside and was hoping that the perimeter alarm may have kept them away - unless my understanding of what a perimeter alarm actually does is wrong? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.....cheers

Morning, just took delivery of my Fiesta Titanium - first Fiesta I've had since I bought a red Mark 2 in the dim and distant past, over-riding memory of that one was that it used to cut out every time you went through a puddle - happy days! Very impressed with the new one so far, still finding my way round the various knobs and menu's but getting good tips from this site. One question I've got - the Titanium is meant to have a perimeter alarm and, despite double pressing the lock to set the alarm, mine doesn't seem to have anything of the sort - have had a few of the local chavs pressing their grubby little faces against the window to have a look inside and was hoping that the perimeter alarm may have kept them away - unless my understanding of what a perimeter alarm actually does is wrong? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.....cheers

A bit of both actually, you are correct in thinking that's what a perimeter alarm does, ie, break the perimetr and alarm will sound. Usually these alarms are used on properties. But it's also used to describe alarms that are activated if any of the doors, boot or bonnet are opened, or any of the windows broken, activating the sensors inside. The latter being relative to Ford's description.

Imagine you parked on the street, then everytime someone walked past, ie broke the perimeter, then the alarm would go off, which isn't very practical and would annoy you and everyone around.

There were/are aftermarket alarms that do this, I used to work with a lad who had one, and the alarm used to warn people to step away from the vehicle or the alarm would activate. To be honest, it only attracted people to do it on purpose.

A bit of both actually, you are correct in thinking that's what a perimeter alarm does, ie, break the perimetr and alarm will sound. Usually these alarms are used on properties. But it's also used to describe alarms that are activated if any of the doors, boot or bonnet are opened, or any of the windows broken, activating the sensors inside. The latter being relative to Ford's description.

Imagine you parked on the street, then everytime someone walked past, ie broke the perimeter, then the alarm would go off, which isn't very practical and would annoy you and everyone around.

There were/are aftermarket alarms that do this, I used to work with a lad who had one, and the alarm used to warn people to step away from the vehicle or the alarm would activate. To be honest, it only attracted people to do it on purpose.

We had an alarm fitted that warned people to step away from the vehicle! A Clifford alarm, was really cool!! And it did encourage people to set it off just to hear it yelp... :rolleyes: then you'd go back to the car and it'd tell you which sensors had been tripped, thankfully the Fiesta's one isn't like that, lol, cuz we often took a nosey through the windows of many a Titanium before we got ours, lol..

it does have one, mine went of on xmas day due to a huge vibration of neighbours new bentley so it does work, try jackin the car and set it of, it works lol

it does have one, mine went of on xmas day due to a huge vibration of neighbours new bentley so it does work, try jackin the car and set it of, it works lol

That's motion sensors, not a perimeter alarm.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club