#1 Irish Paddy

Irish Paddy

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Name: Patrick
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3
  • Year: 2007

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

I recently bought a '97 Mk3 Mondeo which was imported into Ireland from the UK. In Ireland all the road speed limit signs etc. are in Kmh while the speedo in the Mondeo is in Mph. Obviously the speedo also reads Kph in the smaller dial, but I wondered if it was possible to change the readout for a Kph dial. The car I had before had the Kph readout and I had become accustomed to it. Anyone know if changing the dial (as opposed to the entire panel) is a possibility ?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 gforce

gforce

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Ford Mondeo ST 2.2 TDCi
  • Year: 2005

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

Sure is mate, dead easy too. I'd recommend a set of white Lockwood dials and get them with the KPH reading. Don't have any links handy but google them and maybe contact them and they should be able to sort you out. If you don't like the white then I'm sure you can still get original style black ones just with KPH instead of MPH.

Here's a pic of mine when I changed them on my Mondeo Zetec S, got them for about £30 on the bay...

Lockwoods.JPG

Here's a link for removing current dials and fitting replacements...

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=ford%20wiki%20dial&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CC8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fordwiki.co.uk%2Findex.php%3Ftitle%3DReplacement_Dials_-_How_to_fit&ei=hwBaUa_vJMXL4AS11YCgCQ&usg=AFQjCNGZ3tj3SsGaV0HJP2CePPW1QNyw3g

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users