Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chrome Lettering Help ?

jmr93

Hi guys, I just recently bought a used Ford Focus Mk2. No problems with it so far, touch wood :P However when I cleaned it yesterday, I noticed that the 'F' from the chrome lettering at the back, that says 'Focus' has slightly loosened off. What would be the best glue or tape, to stick it firmly back on.

Thanks

Jamie.

• Like 1

The standard stuff is double sided foam tape.

Just buy a reel off eBay and stick/cut to the correct shape and push on firmly.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Double-Sided-Foam-Tape-19mm-x-5m-Automotive-Trim-Badge-Car-Home-/130774109408?pt=UK_Body_Shop_Supplies_Paint&hash=item1e72be8ce0

Hi guys, I just recently bought a used Ford Focus Mk2. No problems with it so far, touch wood :P However when I cleaned it yesterday, I noticed that the 'F' from the chrome lettering at the back, that says 'Focus' has slightly loosened off. What would be the best glue or tape, to stick it firmly back on.

Thanks

Jamie.

Hi Jamie welcome to the forum,

These letters are stuck on with foam sticky back pad,

You could glue it but then if you ever decided to debadge then the F would be an F to remove,

I recomend either wipe with petrol to remove all 5 letters and leave it removed or purchase a new decal and fit instead.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Ford-focus-rear-tailgate-boot-Decal-Badge-2004-ST-LX-GHIA-ETC-/121076076448?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AFocus&hash=item1c30b24fa0

No worry about lining up the letters neither,

The clear film is sticky and holds the letters in line for you to stick all 5 on at once then remove the clear layer as you can see below.

Image2028.jpg

Image2026.jpg

We could say Jamie is finding it difficult to maintain focus

• Like 1

Thanks guys ! and yes I am finding it difficult to maintain 'Focus' ;)

• Like 1

I just ordered the full 'FOCUS' lettering. Do the original letters come off easily ?

• Like 1

I just ordered the full 'FOCUS' lettering. Do the original letters come off easily ?

Yes

Use a old sock or cloth and petrol.

The badges are polystirene based pads.

Petrol will melt polystirene on contact so very easy to do and won't damage your paint.

Just ensure your in a well ventalated areavand no smoke/naked flames.

Strip the old ones off using fishing line or dental floss to saw through the old sticky and clean off as Lenny says.

To line up the new lettering it's a good idea to put some masking tape along the top of the old letters so you can line the new ones up the same.

I had the same situation when I bought my car, the F was missing and I hoped they'd replace it when I collected the car, they just removed the whole badge instead and I bought and replaced it myself.

Two minute job and they stick like brown stuff to a blanket.