Fonfey

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Name: Andrew
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2013

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

Hey guys I was just wondering what kind of theoretical range the 1.0 litre Zetec S engine was giving you from brimming the tank to full?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 domo85

domo85

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Name: dominic
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

Hey guys I was just wondering what kind of theoretical range the 1.0 litre Zetec S engine was giving you from brimming the tank to full?

usually says around the 350-360 mark for me but after having it couple of months now i would say thats about right.

#18 Electric_Orange

Electric_Orange

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta S1600

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

our ones always come in at around the 320miles number although you'd have to be a pretty good gambler on the petrol tank roulette to achieve that.

Our 100PS after 1500 miles is now hovering around the 39.8mpg and has just done 175miles out of fractionally less than 1/2 tank, but the range reports there is 199m remaining.

Our 125PS after 250 miles is averaging 37.5mpg and has just done 163miles out of fractionally less than 1/2 tank but the range reports 202m remaining.

EDIT: when I say "mpg" i mean the trip computers mpg. Not sure what the "true mpg" is yet but I can imagine its going to be slightly less. Mind you saying that if the computer read back in miles/litre like it should it would save some confusion.

Edited by Electric_Orange, 08 April 2013 - 12:34 PM.

#19 bigmunkynutz

bigmunkynutz

Slightly Addicted now...

• FOC Supporters
  • 347 posts
  • Name: Stephen
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7.5 ZS 125PS+

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

I'm currently getting around 36 mpg on my first tank, have done 270 miles and have just under a quarter of a tank and its saying about 80miles till empty.

Will be filling up over the weekend so will come back, with final figures. I'm gonna start using the BP ultimate in her once this first tanks empty. My driving has been about 80% short town journeys and 20% motorway so far. Instant mpg on the motorway at 80 showed low-mid fifties :-)

#20 Sliveredge

Sliveredge

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Name: Peter
  • Ford Model: mk7.5 fiesta 1.0 125 titanium x

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

mines done 1300 now the last tank saw me 370 mines and still showed 30 left in the tank when i filled it. 15 miles of that was on the motorway sitting at 70ish on CC and the odd right of right foot when i needed to over take etc

#21 Russdaz

Russdaz

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Name: Darren

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

Can only tell you what the computer says, as i havent used a tank for 100% mpg. but currently showing 42mpg, but averaging between 42-46mpg.

Eco scores 

5 for shifting.

1 for anticipation.

5 for speed

66% of  my trips have been with a cold engine too.

#22 StornowayBlue

StornowayBlue

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Name: Iain
  • Ford Model: Mondeo
  • Year: 2008

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

My new van, 1.6, just clocked 1100 miles, avg 50.5mpg. Im getting approx 400 miles to a tank. Decent but not as impressive as Ford suggested. Im looking toward a slight improvement as everything gets run-in.

#23 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,514 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Contributor

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

Glad I stuck to diesel now :P

#24 cuke

cuke

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Focus Titanium X
  • Year: 2011

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

Glad I stuck to diesel now :P

Ok, I'm glad I went for a petrol, far more interesting and engaging drive with between 37-57mpg on cheaper fuel than a diesel :P But then we are both talking about different engines...

#25 Lukem30

Lukem30

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Name: Luke
  • Ford Model: Fiesta zetec s 1.0

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

My first tank was 39, second tank was 44, the next tank looks better again. Ill keep you posted on how it goes.

#26 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,499 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport
  • Year: 2008

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

I must be driving too quick :ph34r:

No. You need to set it to average MPG. You have got it on instant.

#27 jd_james

jd_james

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 179 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Ecoboost Zetec S

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

No. You need to set it to average MPG. You have got it on instant.

I haven't.

I've driven it 1000 miles now with the majority start stop traffic and im on 36MPG.

On motorways it does climb slowly , highest its got to is 36.7!

#28 Russdaz

Russdaz

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

Do you reset it after filling up? or is that averaging your whole mileage?

Also what fuel are you putting in?

As in theory i read Ford are using double knock sensors on this engine, so should be better on higher octane fuels.

#29 jd_james

jd_james

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 179 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Ecoboost Zetec S

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

Do you reset it after filling up? or is that averaging your whole mileage?

Also what fuel are you putting in?

As in theory i read Ford are using double knock sensors on this engine, so should be better on higher octane fuels.

I have always thought higher octane fuels are useless as i read a report on supermarket threads that they do little more for you.

Is there a certain station to stick to im guessing BP or Texaco? I just come from a diesel so to be putting the same amount of money into petrol is kind of putting me off but I guess you can't tell unless you do it for a few tanks.

And no i dont reset it after each fill up - should i ? I didnt think it affected the av MPG counter.

also whats a double knock sensor?

#30 Russdaz

Russdaz

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

I have always thought higher octane fuels are useless as i read a report on supermarket threads that they do little more for you.

Is there a certain station to stick to im guessing BP or Texaco? I just come from a diesel so to be putting the same amount of money into petrol is kind of putting me off but I guess you can't tell unless you do it for a few tanks.

And no i dont reset it after each fill up - should i ? I didnt think it affected the av MPG counter.

also whats a double knock sensor?

High octane fuels make a huge difference if your car is mapped to fully run on it, particularly with turbo engines, most older engines cant adjust to the higher octane. I am imgining that Ford has mapped it to run on the high octane fuel as its being sold in countries with higher ratings then ours. The knock sensor will just !Removed! the tune to suit if you put lower octane fuels in. A double knock sensor set use 2 sensors 1 either side of the cylinder. More acurate so they can increase the level of tune. I. E more power, better efficiency

I have been using shell v-power.

Oh, by not resitting the average trip you messuring the average mpg since you owned the car, by restitting at every fueling youl measure that tank. Personal i leave mine and record real world figure based on filling tank recording litres filled and mileage covered on a spreadsheet.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users