Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem With No. 2 Cylinder On 2010 Fiesta Zetec

ScubaSuzie

Hi Guys,

I have a 2010 Fiesta Zetec which I've owned for about 18 months and recently had to call out the AA under the Ford Assist plan as my engine light appeared during the wet weather we had a couple of weeks ago. A good spraying of WD40 was the answer, which indeed did solve the problem, but decided to get it checked out at my local Main Dealer under the warranty plan.

I've just had a call from the garage and apparently it just needed a new spark plug as the ceramic had cracked on No. 2.

They told me that the spark plugs are due to be changed at the next service (third year) which apparently is normal, but as one is cracked, they will change all four of them at a cost of over £69 as spark plugs aren't covered under the warranty plan.

Does this sound right to you guys? I don't know a lot about engines, but I always thought spark plugs should be changed at every service and just assumed they were changed at my last service in October.

Looking forward to your comments.

ScubaSuzie

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I have a 2010 Fiesta Zetec which I've owned for about 18 months and recently had to call out the AA under the Ford Assist plan as my engine light appeared during the wet weather we had a couple of weeks ago. A good spraying of WD40 was the answer, which indeed did solve the problem, but decided to get it checked out at my local Main Dealer under the warranty plan.

I've just had a call from the garage and apparently it just needed a new spark plug as the ceramic had cracked on No. 2.

They told me that the spark plugs are due to be changed at the next service (third year) which apparently is normal, but as one is cracked, they will change all four of them at a cost of over £69 as spark plugs aren't covered under the warranty plan.

Does this sound right to you guys? I don't know a lot about engines, but I always thought spark plugs should be changed at every service and just assumed they were changed at my last service in October.

Looking forward to your comments.

ScubaSuzie

Hi Suzanne,

Getting the spark plugs from ford and getting ford to install them sounds about right at £69

They would check them every service and clean them if required.

You could buy NGK spark plugs on e-bay and have them installed at an independant garage for a saving of atleast £15

But this may void ford warrenty at a later date.

Your MPG should be more text book once fitted though, so you will save a little.

• Like 1

The plugs are about £12 inc vat so £57 to fit them. A bit steep but it sounds about right for a dealer!

• Like 2

Thanks Stef123 and Lenny.

Lenny - I can't find the thread for your answer to my question I posted when I first joined this group, about my rear seat folding down. I tried pulling up the seat bench but its stuck fast - I phoned my local Main Dealer and they had a go with one in the showroom and it appears the design has been changed so that the seat back folds down on top of the bench which is a nuisance as it doesn't go completely flat (unless you put something REALLY heavy in the back).

I do believe, though, this is the only thing I don't like about my car! Having had a Peugeot 206 previously and the seat folded down flat, I do miss it - more so later this year when I travel up to Yorkshire with a load of luggage. Am even considering contacting a coachbuilder (or someone who would do this kind of work) to see how much it would cost to change the format of the seat so it will do what I want it to!

Suzanne

• Like 1

According to the Haynes manual it should pull up at the front then it's clipped at the back. It should be easy to do (in theory). Hopefully the seat back should then go down flat. My bench certainly pulls up at the front but I have not tried removing it yet.

Just in response to the q about the spark plugs being changed, ford change them on every major service hitch is the 3rd year or 36000miles

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club