• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BFC

BFC

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: zetec
Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:16 AM

Developed a problem over past few weeks, car has the automatic folding mirrors, when you lock the car the mirrors fold in, recently passenger side has started making a noise, as it folds in and gets to closed position there are six clicks and the mirror shakes as if it's trying to fold further. Anyone know why (and more importantly how to cure it!). Thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:29 AM

Developed a problem over past few weeks, car has the automatic folding mirrors, when you lock the car the mirrors fold in, recently passenger side has started making a noise, as it folds in and gets to closed position there are six clicks and the mirror shakes as if it's trying to fold further. Anyone know why (and more importantly how to cure it!). Thanks

Presume it's still under warranty, less than 2 years old, if so, take it to the local dealers and let them have a look.

#3 hedgepig

hedgepig

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 125 Titanium X
  • Year: 2013

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:17 PM

Presume it's still under warranty, less than 2 years old, if so, take it to the local dealers and let them have a look.

Agreed, don't mess with it yourself; let the dealer have the pain!

#4 Air Hostess

Air Hostess

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Ford Model: 2008 Fiesta Zetec Climate 1.4i

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:51 PM

You cant "cure it" yourself.the motor in the mirror unit is "recycling" ,it always seems the passenger side, and needs a complete new mirror,ford know about it and most of the dealers know about it.
it is a warrenty job ,the reason I know is mine did exactly that two weeks ago, and my dealer ordered a new mirror without even looking at the car (I phoned and told them what was wrong) took the car in about 6 days later (as I was unavailable before then) and did the job while I waited......................see post by me called "click and mix" on thursday 12th march...hope that helps

best of luck

Kristal

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users