Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Possible Air Leak

Phil666

Hello guys just after some tips/ advise on my car problem so i noticed the car started to idle a little lower than it did wen i first got it and has lost power also so i popped the hood to have a look and noticed a slight air sucking sound on the right hand side of the engine so took tge filter off to have a good look and i can not find any split pipes or anything but i am quite sure it is cuming from the fuel pipe that goes in the top of the fuel filter because wen i move it or press it down the sound changes i had the car fully serviced a few week ago and it was fine b4 and after he also checked all the pipes he said it has only started in the las few days any help advise or things to check would be great thanks guys

In my experience with mine there is always a slight whooshing from around the air box due to the poorly designed intake pipes, perhaps its worth going back to that garage and ask them to replace the filter again as it should have its own limited warranty, i would expect the idle to be uneven if it was air related, i doubt they let you have it back with a problem, so take it back and let them have a listen and look.

It was fine wen came out the garrage and its deffo not the air box only started a few days ago its like a hissing sound that changes when i fiddle with the fuel in line any help plz guys?

The injectors will make a noise, or maybe consider pressure regulator, its just underneath the air box on mine and looks like a tiny fuel filter, that is inline also.

• 6 years later...

My car doesn't start and someone said that it wouldn't start because it couldn't make a vacuum.

Can someone tell me what is it?

Car: Ford fiesta mk4 diesel

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club