Do Not Sell My Personal Information

what to do with my (broken) Focus???

Carlos

As you may be aware from my previous posts, my Focus has an engine problem that will be financially uneconomical to fix (so the garage told me!).

eg. no compression in # 4 cylinder, causing misfire etc.

I've bought a new car, and the garage wasn't interested in p/x so i'm left with the Focus.

It's a 1999 1.6 Zetec estate in silver, 86k on the clock FSH, 4 months MOT, 9 months tax, only had its cambelt changed last July, and apart from the engine its in excellent condition.

D'you think i should advertise it privately and what price would be reasonable to ask for?

Any ideas wouyld be greatly appreciated

As you may be aware from my previous posts, my Focus has an engine problem that will be financially uneconomical to fix (so the garage told me!).

eg. no compression in # 4 cylinder, causing misfire etc.

I've bought a new car, and the garage wasn't interested in p/x so i'm left with the Focus.

It's a 1999 1.6 Zetec estate in silver, 86k on the clock FSH, 4 months MOT, 9 months tax, only had its cambelt changed last July, and apart from the engine its in excellent condition.

D'you think i should advertise it privately and what price would be reasonable to ask for?

Any ideas wouyld be greatly appreciated

~I would find out what exactly is wrong with the engine IE broken rings, valve seats burnt , cracked head etc. Then go to a garage who wants to fix your car and ask them for a quote?

Bung a recon engine in it.

the garage that did the comp test gave an estimate of £900 to fix the engine, but they said they'd obviously have to strip the engine to find out exactly what was wrong.

The problem with this is i'd have to commit to them doing the work, or at least pay them for the labour in stripping/rebuilding the engine to just find the fault.

Getting a recon engine would cost similar, so i just need to get rid asap.

The garage have offered me £300 for it, so if i dont get a better offer before the end of next week i'll reluctantly accept it.

I've no idea what its true value at the moment is, but if they're offering £300 my guess is its more than that!

Shame as it'd make a great project car for someone!

anyone here want to make a better offer? ;)

the garage that did the comp test gave an estimate of £900 to fix the engine, but they said they'd obviously have to strip the engine to find out exactly what was wrong.

The problem with this is i'd have to commit to them doing the work, or at least pay them for the labour in stripping/rebuilding the engine to just find the fault.

The garage have offered me £300 for it, so if i dont get a better offer before the end of next week i'll reluctantly accept it.

I've no idea what its true value at the moment is, but if they're offering £300 my guess is its more than that!

shame your not closer to me, i would have taken it. would keep me out of trouble with the other half for a few nights lol.

True a recon engine would cost similar but the £900 quote could double depending on what problems they find. At least with a recon engine you've got a decent car. Certainly cheaper than buying a new car.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club