Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Advice Needed

Dark-mc

Hey

i am new to all this but recently, i reversed into a car in a car park at night (i recently passed) with my dads Mondeo but i am also insured on it. Nothing happened to my car, but there was a slight dent on the other guys car( you can barley see it with eyes you have to touch it to notice it). So i told him ill pay for repair and no need to go to insurance because its not a big deal, he also agreed and also agreed on me providing the garage to fix the dent, so after a day i rang him and told him where to bring the car for repair but he never turned up, and now he's not even picking up the phone either. I think hes going to be greedy and go for a claim. Any advice on what to do now, or what can happen and will my insurance increase.

Thanks

What details did you give him?

It's not that i would say he is greedy , you did reverse into his car.

I would go through insurance if it was my car.

On the other hand he may be busy and not have time to answer his phone.

What details did you give him?

Name, Number and address. But however i don't get why he took my picture?

Maybe he fancied you? Haha did you give him your insurance details?

No i didnt give him my insurance details, how much does the insurance for young person drivers increase, even though its very minor

he took a pic,just in case you gave him moody details.

was he in the car when you hit it?

if so could be he is now in a neck brace and is on the phone to lawyers r us.

or he may of looked at it in daylight and thought sod it?

or he is a tad busy and yet to get back to you.

I would always take the photo of the driver and all passengers, as well as the vehicle's registration and the damage, so that I have all my evidence and nothing can be fabricated after I leave.

Good idea with the picture but phone the insurer tell them your notifying then of a potential claim in case he does go for compo

There is a possibility that he was not insured, therefore he's keeping his head down. If you have his registration you can check on the net if that vehicle is insured. http://www.askmid.com/askmid.aspx

just be careful "not" to accidentally check the "this is my car" button, as you would just so happen to do that check for free, but it would be terrible as its technically not your car...

I might have accidentally done this before, and not had to pay and not had anyone question it, or I might have - I just cant remember... hmmmmm

That site is a bit misleading.

I've 'accidentally' ticked the box a couple of times too.

Must be a fault with my browser ;)

Not a patch on PNC but is useful.

Not all of us have access to the PNC Clive, so we have to use what we can.......................lol

lol, I do keep getting confused by that box... :p

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club