Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi I'm After Some Pics Of Mod Fitted Push Start Button Focus Mk2.5

deanoo

Hi All

I know this has been covered before but I'm looking some pictures of mod fitted Push Start Button for the focus Mk2.5. I've just brought one and looking for the best place to put it. I have look through old posts and I know people think they are a waste of time, but that didn't stop me from fitting a reverse camera when I had parking sensors already fitted LOL.

I would like it in a place that you can see it, not tucked away. Also can you still start your car via the key? I believe the new push start switch is wired in parallel so you can use either.

$(KGrHqF,!rcE-Yo5HRkOBP3uGsDuR!~~60_12.J

• Like 1

Hey, I've been looking at these also, some kits come with all the adapters and wires etc, I don't know if yours did? But on my mk2.5 I'm going to fit it where the cigarette lighter goes because its a perfect fit apparently :) and yeah, you can use the push button or the key.

• Like 1

Hi Ashley

Yea it comes with all the bits apart from a hole cutter, I have heard of people fitting them in the hole of the Cigarette lighter position but that's a bit tucked away. I have had a look tonight and still not sure where to put it. Might get a better idea when it arrives. I was hoping others have already fitted one of these and had some pics.

• Like 1

im pretty sure you still need to put the key in the ignition and turn to first position right?? seems silly to go to all that effort, might aswel go one more click and stat her up imo lol

• Like 1

The ford factory fit is down beside the gear stick where the cigarette lighter is can try get s pic up for you if needed

• Like 1

sorry lads gotta say i'm with aaron on this one

a push start button would look good on its own i suppose

but when you have to put the key in the ignition, turn the key to first position and then push the button.. just seems really pointless to me

just stick to the old fashion way of turning the key that little bit more

if the cars come with a button factory fitted with no ignition barrel fair enough

what the op says about still fitting a reverse camera when he already had parking sensors is different i think

a camera is much better as you can actually see behind you, instead of listening to a beep. so the camera is justifiable

but fitting a push button rather than turn the key an extra few mm is a bit much i think

up to you though mate

• Like 1

Hi

Yea I get what your all saying, but on the flip side aren’t most
of the things we do to our Fords just for ascetics and not for practicability. The
switch and relay for the remote start are only £10, I think I’m just compensating
for not having a car with all these bits as standard. I must admit the best mod
I have done is fitting a 7” built in sat-nav including, bluetooth, AD2p, DVD,
Built in music Library you get the picture I’m pleased with it. Getting back to
the start button it should only take 1hour to fit and £10 out-lay my chuffed
face PRICELESS……………..

• Like 2

Lol well in that case go for it dude ;)

like you said its not much funds n it'll make you really chuffed so go for it. In that sense i agree your completely right if it makes you smile then its priceless

be sure to get some photos up once you've fitted it

think my favourite mod is also my head unit and reversing camera and the best thing about em is they didnt cost me a thing cause me Missus bought me em ;)

made us laugh the other day cause we was reversing in a car park n a massive pigeon casually strolled right past the camera bold as anything, so if we didnt have the camera next thing we'd of seen is a big cloud of feathers in the rear window lol

have you got any photos up of your head unit? Not sure if i've seen a build thread for you or not?

Lol well in that case go for it dude ;)

have you got any photos up of your head unit? Not sure if i've seen a build thread for you or not?

Hi Charlie

Please find picture of head unit, I discussed the installation on someone else's post. It was a very easy plug and play installation and I installed the GPS inside the windscreen pillar. The GPS was a magnet type so no drilling.

post-36380-0-33756100-1353085368_thumb.j

thought it was one of them

looks good mate

i just went for a double din pioneer thats a bit more basic but got great sound quality

wanted a built in satnav but i'd not long bought a 200quid tomtom with lifetime map updates

and i decided it was important to go for a unit with a flat face to it without big dials sticking outa it for my own security reasons

still really like yours though

where abouts are you based in birmingham/warwick then? i'm originally from birmingham

here you are mate, not modded but factory fitted as part of keyfree ,keyless entry system.

IMAG0582_zps46689dd0.jpg

Hi Yunus, Ashley

It looks good in the picture, the titanium Mk2.5 is so nice. I can see what Ashley was saying in the earlier post with the cigarette lighter position, but my car is not laid out with the cigarette lighter next to the gear stick mine is tucked away as you can see from the picture, so still got no idea where to put it. If I can't find a good place to fit it so it looks like it was meant to be there, I won't fit it.

post-36380-0-61019000-1365367857_thumb.j

Sorry car needs a clean..........................

what you could do that would look great is get the centre console from a mk2.5 and fit that

so you get the hole by the gear stick for your push start button

and then transplant the 12v socket into the garage door unit of the new centre console so your 12v supply stays in the same place

• 9 months later...

Are there any pictures or info for this mod as i just bought the Focus RS Push button and have the RS Centre Console but there are 4 wires coming off the back of it and not sure what goes where. I beleive 1 must be for a light as it lights up with the side lights or ign.

Thanks.