Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 04 Tdci Eac Fail Help !!!!!!!!!

tommygun

Hello everyone i am new to forum and hoping for some help.I recently bought a fiesta 04 1.4 tdci it was bought as seen so no going back. For the first few days every thing was fine then i got the eac fail flashing which sends it into limp mode i know this is something to do with the accelerator pedal i have done some reading up on it and basically it can be numerous things a friend as a code reader but no codes where stored.What happens is i go to start car in the morning while it is ticking over no problem but as soon as i touch the accelerator pedal it flashes the EAC fail message which means it is in limp mode so a can not drive it,if i leave it for a hour or 2 start it again no warning again on tick over till i touch pedal then same cycle again.So far i have changed pedal and cleaned every plug connection i can find with electrical cleaner which as not helped.Would really appreciate any advice on things i can try or advice on the cycle of the problem when and how it happens does this suggest 1 particular part is more likely to be at fault than another.Not keen on going to main dealer if they are going to suggest change that then change that and hope they get lucky if you know what i mean thanks to all in advance.

Have you changed the pedal sensor (not just the pedal)?

Changed the pedal where is the sensor ? is it not part of the pedal thanks.

Had codes read at another garage with better equipment a few codes came up but most of them cleared he said they where due to me unplugging stuff to clean connections. The only one that will not clear is P0200 injector circuit malfunction will this be what is causing my eac fail if so what can i do to rectify it

Just noticed when i go to start the car if i do not depress accelerator pedal it will not start is this normal or could this be part of my eac fail problem all my other cars i have had will just fire up on the key with out touching the pedal !!!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club