Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
  • Name: Daniel
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3
  • Year: 2014
Contributor

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

There has been a grey area for years over HIDs. Im not arguin with you though anyone who fits them should fit them to approved HID lenses I agree with you 100%. Im being honest though when I say ive been blinded more by poorly aligned halogen bulbs than HID's. There is certain HID bulbs that have got a 'cap' on the lense to be fitted to halogen lenses. Again im not saying theyre legal but the do stop the lights blinded other road users. If manufacturers had any sense they would start producing HID compatible full headlight units for older cars which is what I mean when I said they should legalise them and put out strict guide lines. If they were legalised manufacturers could then produce these headlight units in conformance with regulations and they would make a fortune through the sheer number of people who fit them or would like to fit them to their car.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
Contributor

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

At the end of the day there is no arguin that they make it alot easier to see the road ahead which can only be a good thing aslong as they are fitted correctly to as not to be a nuisance to fellow drivers

#18 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,208 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

i agree with there purpose i agree they should be made and sold in the proper lenses as well to make it easier i just dont agree with some of the crazy bright hid kits out there

#19 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
Contributor

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

Yeah I completely agree and thats why I think they should be legalised and have approved full headlight units rather than diy kits. I think at the moment a lot of people think 'well they arent legal anyway so I might aswel go all out and get the brightest ones possible'. Theres plenty of aftermarket headlight units out there so surely if they legalised HIDs to an extent as long as it was an approved/proper set up it would save an awful lot of problems.

#20 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
Contributor

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

They should ban HID diy kits all together and only legalise purpose designed headlight units for HID's. This would save any confusion come MOT time. I dare say its fairly simple to tell the difference between a diy job and proper units

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HID, Headlight, Xenon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users