Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mountune Induction Kit

Lisle91

Good evening all,

I am all for fitting the mountune products as they retain warranty.

Has anyone fitted the Mountune induction kit to a petrol 1.6 mk7?

If so, did you notice any difference?

Many thanks,

Moved to new modification discussions forum :)

Thanks Dan,

I'm still new to the forum, apologies for posting in the wrong section.

Its ok :) this is just a new part to the forum specifically for discussing modifications so trying to encourage people to start using it rather than posting modification questions in the general forums :)

I think induction kit are alright as long as you fit a decent sport exhaust aswell :)

I currently have a Metal which has an uprated exhaust.

It will be the first stage towards the MP140 upgrade, but I'm torn between the Mountune and the J1 automotive :(?

I watch a clip that I was sent on hear from you tube cart seam to find it but it shows that an induction kit don't make any difference but in some cars it makes u lose power will try and find it for u and post on hear

I watch a clip that I was sent on hear from you tube cart seam to find it but it shows that an induction kit don't make any difference but in some cars it makes u lose power will try and find it for u and post on hear

Does it really?

I've heard good things on the web, most of that probably sales rubbish though to be fair!

Yh me to mate was going to buy a viper kit but now I have seen that don't see the point if its the sound that u want just buy a cheep cone as there is only about half a bhp difference from a cheep one to a top of the range one will look for the you tube clip for u pal

Yh me to mate was going to buy a viper kit but now I have seen that don't see the point if its the sound that u want just buy a cheep cone as there is only about half a bhp difference from a cheep one to a top of the range one will look for the you tube clip for u pal

If you watch the video they recommend using a stock airbox with a new, clean stock panel filter - that gave the best results on the NA and turbo cars

The K&N panel filter looses power and the oil in it messes up the MAF sensor (and it costs 4x the price of a "stock" pattern filter!)

The expensive cone filter loses (a little bit of ) power compared to the stock airbox/ filter and the cheap cone filter loses a little bit more

You can buy a pattern air filter for a mk3 (they are all the same, from the 126bhp 3.0L ST220 to the 1.8) for £10 online just change it every 6 months - sorted!

Ford spend a lot of money developing their air intakes to work in sub- zero temps, deserts, etc and to stay quiet and perform well for 1000s of miles, it is difficult (but not impossible) to improve on the stock system, unless you are going to fit Mountune or you are a tuning genious i would not bother

Unless all you want to do is make more noise - just drill the bottom of the stock airbox full of holes (they used to do this on Cav SRIs in the 90s, "standard" mod, apparently) - probably made the car slower but >sounded< a lot faster scince its 2013 and not the 90s you could add a cool air feed to it too

Alternatively, a bluefin adds (not that much as its an NA car but an improvement) 12hp to the 2.5 v6 this could help compensate for the 2 to 3 Hp you loose with the cone filter

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club