twood22376

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Thomas
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Ghia x tdci 2.0
  • Year: 2006

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

Hi 

Just joined the forum so if this topic is in the wrong area feel free to correct me.

Basically just bought a 56 plate mondeo ghia x 2.0 tdci euro 4, drives lovely 72,000 miles full service history............ however driving her home from Essex pulling away from a roundabout the turbo kicked in got to about 2500 rpm and she stuttered jumped back and forth then the plug light came on and lost all power.... turning the engine on and off fixes it but i don't want to feel like i cant go above 2500 rpm. The car is covered by warranty but i wondered if anybody could shed some light on this problem.. feel free to ask questions..

Cheers Tom

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:41 AM

The glow plug light is also used as the EML (engine management light)

The car has gone into "limp home mode" aka "limp mode" switching the ignition off often resets this

Your car will have a vnt (variable nozzle turbo) / aka variable vane turbo, with an electronic actuator, this can give trouble as well as the EGR valve, the DMF can also break up (the metal swarf can interfere with the crank position sensor) and the fuel system and injectors can give trouble - so take your pick (some are more likely than others)

If it was'nt under warrantee i would be recommending investing in a code reader and asking questions to narrow the possible faults down

But as its under warranty its a bit academic - but you could let us know what they find  

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Stutter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users