Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta - Safety Recall?

Stewbold

Hi

I took my week old new Fiesta in to my Ford dealer today to fix the Sat Nav unit which has not worked properly since we got the car. The woman at reception told me that they would have contacted me anyway as there has been a safety recall. She said it relates to the "paint on the rear bumper". I was in a hurry so didn't question her further, so I don't know if this just relates to my model (1L Ecoboost Titanium in Race Red) or particular batch (if there's such a thing), or paint colour or what. I will ask when I go and pick up the car later.

Anyone else heard this?

Stewart

Why would paint on the rear bumper be a Safety issue?

Good question!

When i picked up the car she said it was something to do with the bumper padding (foam?) reacting with the paint on the bumper. Unfortunately that is the only detail she had as the techicians weren't around to ask. She also couldn't tell me which models were affected, just that mine came up on their system when I booked it in for repair.

Stewart

Interesting. Could it explain the mysterious fire someone had a while back that seemed to originate a the fog light area?

That was on the pre facelift and I don't think there was a recall for that fault and I only ever heard of it happening once and couldn't be put down to the fog light

Hi, I've not read about any safety recall on the Mk7.5 Fiesta on any other forum yet and it isn't within Etis either.

• 3 weeks later...

My race red ecoboost has a rear bumper recall on etis. Anybody know any more?

Hi Sweep

Only what I talked about in post #3, which admittedly was a bit vague. My car is also a Race Red so maybe it relates to the paint colour?

Stewart

No recalls for mine >.<

Check etis if you're concerned.

Just checked my race red zs on etis and that too has the recall for paint on bumper. Perhaps it's colour specific somehow?

Interesting. Could it explain the mysterious fire someone had a while back that seemed to originate a the fog light area?

Was that not a cowboy rewiring his number plate lights?

Was that not a cowboy rewiring his number plate lights?

No, it was one of the members here had a fire in her foglight area that melted the bumper and wheel arch.

Funny thing was she'd just got back from a dealer after having work done in the rear quarter.

The only recall I've heard of is a brake issue on the new Fiesta ST..

Also got the etis paint recall and mines Midnight Sky. I'll get round to it when I get to the 1500 mile mark.

Still no recall on mine.

Nothing for 1.25 nautical blue

How do you check?

Ive put my reg plate in on etis ford, were would the information show up after that?

How do you check?

Ive put my reg plate in on etis ford, were would the information show up after that?

I'm assuming it the outstanding field service actions, not 100% sure, but that's where I'm looking

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club