Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Paddy1938

Key Remote Battery

5 posts in this topic

Hi

I'm having a bit of a problem with my key remote. It works just fine with new batteries, for about 5 days when the batteries run out! I've tested them, they are completely dead! I've bought a second hand key, complete with remote, to use for elimination purposes but am now at a bit of a loss. Any suggestions? Don't really want to pay Ford a fortune if it's something simple I can do myself.

Thanks!!

Are all the buttons releasing when you let go? It sounds like it's leaking.

Does sound like maybe one of your micro switches are staying engaged.

Perhaps you could strip the key down and give it a spray of pcb cleaner or wd40 and see if that helps, if not then you will either be on a new key or just dealing without the remote features. Good luck either way.

is this on a mk2 or mk3?

if mk2 just cannibalize your new one by taking the pats chip out and then reprogram to the central locking.

if mk3 then im assuming you might also be able to do this.

BUT what ever you DONT lose your chip.