Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost Headlights

Roderick Pask

Has anyone removed a headlight unit yet if so are there any potential problems to look out for?

The instruction book says remove 2 screws there are 3. there are 2 main hex ones and a smaller star one at the very bottom of the unit. they need a combination of manuvering and a good yank to get them out but be careful. When you put them back in there are clear plastic lugs along the inside edge that need to go under the bodywork and the scew hole for the star screw goes under the hole on the body. There is a plastic lug on the bottom of the unit that lines up with a clip on the bottom of the space the light goes into, make sure this lines up correctly.

Other than that just take your time and it should be ok.,

I had mine out earlier and pretty much used the method described above, the smaller screw is plastic lightly unscrew a couple of times and pull the screw/pin out then remove the lug it's in. Remove the two other screws. Lift the headlight from nearest the windscreen and give it a fun pull and the unit will simply pop out.

I've upgraded my sidelights for smd's my headlights for osram nightbreaker plus limited edition and changed my indicators for sliver bulbs and am looking to see what can be done with the dual function h15 day running / High beam to give a whiter looking light. Think the only option on the H15 is to change the bulb colour in some way.

How easy are the indicators? They're a pain in the behind on the pre-facelift so never bothered to get any LED indicators, but wouldn't mind doing so for the new one :P

How easy are the indicators? They're a pain in the behind on the pre-facelift so never bothered to get any LED indicators, but wouldn't mind doing so for the new one :P

Er... Seemed straight forwards, the hardest thing to do was the stupid sidelights!

Thank you all for your help and guidance - will now de-tango the front indicators!

The sidelights are actually pretty easy, they just pull straight out. may need a hard pull though

Key to getting the headlight out is that bolt by the windscreen if you dont hinge that our right you aint getting it out.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club