Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wind Deflector Clips

k13r4n

Ok guys I now have my deflectors in place but all that's holding them in is the tiny amount of tape on them and the window itself how the heck do fit the clips as I find the are as tight as a ducks bottom and cannot get it in

post-32783-0-24016300-1365203444_thumb.j

you put the deflectors in first then push the clips in behind em with a flat blade screwdriver mate

theres videos on youtube where they put the clips in first n then the deflector but these are WRONG

this video should be good enough. picked it cause of the soundtrack ;)

lookin good by the way

Tbh I had a front set fitted to my Mk1 and never bothered with the clips and they never came loose.

I can understand needing them on the rear but as the front ones have to be flexed to fit in the channels they self support.

The hekos dont have clips so im assuming there climair ones

The hekos dont have clips so im assuming there climair ones

Nope they are hekos

I have Heko's on all four windows with no clips and they haven't fallen off since i fitted them around 3 months back?

the hekos on the mk2 dont have clips they are fitted with 3m tape in strategic points

Im thinking of getting a set but wondering whether they mark the glass at all, as ive got my rear windows tinted I didn't want any further problems.

let me know

cheers

Same here I have tints on the back but since I don't open them that much should be ok but not scratching or peeling the tints yet and artscot mine are hekos and came with 4 clips for each front and 2 for each rear deflector they might of just started supplying them

Quite possibly cant see the point to be honest clips will scratch the glass over time

When I had Heko on my Mk1 they definitely came with clips but they were much smaller than the ones being used in the video (no wider than a screwdriver blade).

The Climair on my Mk2 definitely didn't come with clips.

my hekos came with clips and they are quite big. surprised how big they was

cant say i've noticed any marks or scratches on me windows cause the windows go up in the channel between the clips so they dont actually scratch against anything

Mine are heko's and also came with clips for front and rear. Ditched the front ones though a while back, as they will hold themselves in place.

Apparently heko started supplying clips as they had complaints the 3m tape had failed on some but its up to the customer as to wether they require them so mystery sorted lol clips are avsilable from heko for older customers wont be needin them ive knocked grabbed and caught mine hundreds of times and theyre solid but nice to know

• 2 months later...

well lads,new to ford,previously a vw golf owner.was just wondering where I might get wind deflectors to fit a 05 ford focus ghia saloon.living in the rep of Ireland and have checked out FK Performance and mikesgarage but doesn seem to av any dat fit.

Hekos have clips for both front and back as well as double sided tape. I didn't use the clips in my either the front or back. The tape then failed on the rears when a friend put down the window. Since then I've removed the rears and just have the fronts fitted. The fronts won't fall out as they are held in by their size.

I have the clips for both front and rear somewhere if anyone wants them.