Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brigante's Build Thread

Brigante

Good haircut mate, not due to my dig about your hair in your profile picture i hope?

I know your latest mod plans but not telling anyone else.

That will be your surprise. ;)

looks like you got a good shine fro a quick lick over the paint work.

will be watching to see the latest mod

Good haircut mate, not due to my dig about your hair in your profile picture i hope?

I know your latest mod plans but not telling anyone else.

That will be your surprise. ;)

Yes :( :(

Kidding ;)

Nah the weathers warming up and i always tend to bald myself around this time of year. Plus with working 12hour nightshifts then driving at least an hour home afterwards, i just wanna jump straight in bed n not have to wash me hair first. no hair = no need to wash product outa it :P

I'd just ran outa product as well so it'll save me a few quid with the amount I have to use. It grows really quick too n with working its just hard trying to get it cut all the time which is how it ended up like it did in my display photo

Anyway now to reveal the next big mod i've just got out the way.. Hopefully a lot of you shall be jealous :P

Had a rather large delivery turn up about 3

2013-06-07151152.jpg

After contacting a breakers on eBay I sourced a complete black interior outa an st-2

2013-06-07150625.jpg

As it was too large to fit in the house, I quickly set about gutting the cars current interior, even though I'd only had an hours sleep

2013-06-07172239.jpg

2013-06-07172247.jpg

Easiest bit of fitting was the new tailgate trims

2013-06-07223255.jpg

Excuse the poor quality photos, as by the time I finished fitting it was getting dark, then the Missus n I fancied kfc so it was completely dark by the time we got back so for now these are the best I can do

2013-06-07223150.jpg

2013-06-07222925.jpg

2013-06-07223124.jpg

2013-06-07223036.jpg

Please also excuse the dirt/storage marks as I havent had time to give it a clean yet but you can just about get the idea. Hopefully better photos to follow tomorrow when it's light

Comments very welcome ;)

You must have got well excited for that big parcel even if you did know what was in it :-P

Nice one mate !

I can see your motor looking great once you have complete it ! If its ever complete that is... You may just keep going :-P !!

Looks spot on.

Actually quite jealous now.

Would be the ultimate touch on my interior darkening mission.

Looks spot on.

Actually quite jealous now.

Would be the ultimate touch on my interior darkening mission.

oh aye is the ultimate touch for the interior bar fitting leather recaros

its so much better

how much you reckon i paid mate? what you reckon would be a good price for the lot?

they also even sent the boot carpets n boot trims even though they wasnt needed

You must have got well excited for that big parcel even if you did know what was in it :-P

Nice one mate !

I can see your motor looking great once you have complete it ! If its ever complete that is... You may just keep going :-P !!

yes mate very excited indeed, i was in bed as well after a 12hour night shift, so i shot outa bed n downstairs to unwrap it like an excited child at xmas

not sure whether to complete the replica or just leave it now

definitely gonna get some new alloys though

Haha ! I bet!

I am on nights too, not as long as yours though only 9.5 hours..

I wouldn't have woke up to a knock.. I would have found the attempted delivery card ! Lol

Hmmm tough call, I don't know man.. I'd say go the whole way.. Only as re sale may be harder .. I don't know.. But your car your call.. Looking good though!

Yeah alloys will make ONE HELL of a difference !!

• Like 1

+1 alloys could make all the difference

• Like 1

Haha ! I bet!

I am on nights too, not as long as yours though only 9.5 hours..

I wouldn't have woke up to a knock.. I would have found the attempted delivery card ! Lol

Hmmm tough call, I don't know man.. I'd say go the whole way.. Only as re sale may be harder .. I don't know.. But your car your call.. Looking good though!

Yeah alloys will make ONE HELL of a difference !!

mines more like 14 hours actually as i've got an hour each way to/from work/home plus gotta pick up/drop off a passenger working with me

i never heard the knock lol, luckily me Missus's kid sister went to the door (usually she wont n i'll have to arrange redelivery) this time

but the box was actually too big to get in the house so they had to leave it at front door

her sister text me missus while we was in bed telling us it was outside so i darted down to crack on with fitting it

if i'd of got an attempted delivery card for summin as important as this i'da gone mental

i'm really tempted to finish the replica, i know it aint an st, but i'm 23, covering a lot of business miles n my 1.6 drinks petrol as it is. so an st wouldnt be feasible at the moment. plus i dont speed n stick to the limit so i dont need all that power n wont be racing actual st's to make a fool of myself. but i'm half way to complete st styling so i'm thinking i may treat myself n finish the rep

but what i'd do is keep all my old parts, n when it comes to selling i'd put it back to stock, as the st parts will be worth more on their own n i'd get most me money back on em

i'm thinking on my mods to lists are as follows

definite:

st/sports pack alloys (dont mind which)

skirts

led tail lights

possible:

st front bumper

lowered

recaros

also some sort of dummy exhaust, most likely get am st back box, cut a hole in the top n hollow it n mount it around the spare wheel well, so atleast looking at the car from behind it looks like its got the back box n twin pipes coming out the cut outs

or if i'm flush i'll get a proper duplex exhaust

• Like 1

I see, i live round the corner from work so thats a right bonus for me, am when i am at work i use the company cars...i still drive to work though hahaa !

Well you do sound dead keen, so just go for it! Why not...Bit by bit every month :-)

Once it's done just stand back and enjoy what you have done.. Like you say you wouldn't need to race anyone in it so no one would know unless they are super ford fan...lol

Yeah stripping it back to its old self and selling the parts would be a good idea... Long old job though.. Would be well weird seeing it back to the standard shape after having it as st lol !

Have you go the st head lights ? I can't remember as I am typing this.. They would be a good purchase if you haven't.. They do cost tho :-/

What would you do if you just stopped ? Be bored :-P

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, i'm just a run of the mill generous type of guy.

Shame i can't find any more of those patch cables, they are a handy bit of kit.

If i could find the correct sockets i reckon they'd be pretty easy to knock up though.

Anytime you get near the South West you're more than welcome to buy me a drink (or three) ;)

Anyone interested in a patch cable for fitting a second 12v socket, I have now sourced the correct connectors to make one like I sent to Brigante.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not been about here much for about a month now due to working silly hours

Also due to work, not much has changed about the car lately either as I haven't had the time to do anything and the funds that I earn go on more pressing expenses such as a holiday and a new bed so it doesn't leave much left for modding

Since the black interior I haven't really done much, just the following small mods

I've ended up having to fit a smooth rear wiper arm due to accidentally purchasing the wrong rear wiper so I purchased the new arm to go with it

2013-06-26173558-1-1.jpg

I hacked apart the new black roof liner to refit my old rear courtesy light which I've sprayed black to match the rest

2013-06-26173519.jpg

And I've finally got my submarine lighting working after having to wire the circuit completely different to ford

2013-08-03235500.jpg

I also tried to fit cree front fogs, knowing the brightness wouldnt actually be that good for fogs but more just for the 6000k white look, didnt go well though as they turned out not to fit in my fog lenses

2013-07-17125707.jpg

So they've since been returned for refund and I'm hoping to replace them with osram cool blue intense h8s, but according to eBay they dont seem to exist and i dont want nightbreakers

I've also just won my next big mod but its hush hush till its delivered and actually fitted in case anything goes wrong but watch this space

• Like 1

Oooo the suspense :-P

Looking forward to seeing the new mod buddie .....

• Like 1

Looking good Charlie mate,

The rear wiper and ambient lighting looks great,

Keep up the good work,

ST pod coming next ?

looks nice, how hard is it to get the trim off of the light?

• Like 1

looks nice, how hard is it to get the trim off of the light?

which light? The rear one?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been a forum member for a while now, but not read this thread before. Does anyone know where I can get the LED pads shown in the photo fitted to the boot please?

Cheers.

Phil.

Can i ask where you got the cigarette lighter door from? Been looking for one for a while as i think im gonna wire my aux lead into there and can then leave my ipod inside it out of view. Gets a bit annoying leaning over to glove box each time you get in to reach ipod and then you get a cable draping everywhere.

Can i ask where you got the cigarette lighter door from? Been looking for one for a while as i think im gonna wire my aux lead into there and can then leave my ipod inside it out of view. Gets a bit annoying leaning over to glove box each time you get in to reach ipod and then you get a cable draping everywhere.

This is the one you need.

The standard MK2 tray has a section to move the 12v socket forward so an iPod won't fit in it but the MK2.5 type as linked below doesn't so is more likely to fit one but needs a hole drilling in the rear to allow access to the 12v socket.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Focus-ST-RS-ZETEC-centre-console-ashtray-storage-box-flip-up-pocket-/111152993111?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19e13c1357

Been a forum member for a while now, but not read this thread before. Does anyone know where I can get the LED pads shown in the photo fitted to the boot please?

Cheers.

Phil.

This is the type most use-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-T10-BA9S-Dome-Festoon-Adapter-Panel-48-SMD-LED-Car-Interior-Light-Bulb-12v-/281054480776?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4170270988

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club