Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brigante's Build Thread

Brigante

• 1 month later...

Couple kind of mods carried out

For as long as I've had the car I've not liked the idea of having a dangerous space saver spare wheel. Obviously to have a full size spare I need the boot inserts to deepen the wheel well. These have proved difficult to find but I've now finally got hold of them, complete with a brand new full size spare fitted with a brand new goodyear tyre. Paid 70pounds for the lot which is great value I think considering the tyre alone is gonna be worth more than that

2013-11-27212557.jpg

Making good use of the inserts tidying away all the loose stuff usually rolling around the boot

The original boot carpet was now too big so I bought a smaller sized boot liner with carpet insert.

2013-11-27212939.jpg

I've now lost a lot of boot depth though and I've still got bulky items that always live in the boot

2013-11-27214249.jpg

So now if I need to put more than the usual weeks shopping in the boot or if I go on holiday or have to work away I'm gonna have to put the boot back to stock and revert back to the spacesaver which kinda defeats the point of converting to a full size but I'll need the extra boot space back

The next mod I've carried out I place the blame entirely on Hyrule as it's his fault for linking me to it but here it is

2013-11-27212056.jpg

2013-11-27212109.jpg

2013-11-27212145.jpg

2013-11-27212218.jpg

Please excuse how filthy the car is at the moment. Work has been quite hectic, its rained like mad, I've been driving up n down the country daily and I've covered many many miles on country roads so as a result I've been unable to clean the poor girl in a couple weeks.

And what would of been another mod is I've purchased a bonnet lip, only thing is it's turned out to be a couple inches too small. Not sure whether its from a facelift or a pre facelift ST. So if anyone wants a bonnet lip lol..

2013-11-26181107.jpg

Again excuse the dirt

• Like 1

Nice one :-)

Looking good !

I am pretty sure that that is the facelift bonnet lip I may be interested in that ;-) !!

Looking spot on Bud.

Car is minging though, don't wash it, just plant something ;)

Looking spot on Bud.

Car is minging though, don't wash it, just plant something ;)

I know its actually embarrassing :( hopefully i've got this weekend off so i'll actually be able to clean it. straight down the jetwash followed by a detail. provided i get enough daylight that is.would you believe its only been 2weeks sinse i last washed it

by plant something do you mean some semtex and be done with it?

• Like 2

Nice one :-)

Looking good !

I am pretty sure that that is the facelift bonnet lip I may be interested in that ;-) !!

cheers dude

send me a pm with a decent offer for it ;)

Couple kind of mods carried out

For as long as I've had the car I've not liked the idea of having a dangerous space saver spare wheel. Obviously to have a full size spare I need the boot inserts to deepen the wheel well. These have proved difficult to find but I've now finally got hold of them, complete with a brand new full size spare fitted with a brand new goodyear tyre. Paid 70pounds for the lot which is great value I think considering the tyre alone is gonna be worth more than that

2013-11-27212557.jpg

Making good use of the inserts tidying away all the loose stuff usually rolling around the boot

The original boot carpet was now too big so I bought a smaller sized boot liner with carpet insert.

2013-11-27212939.jpg

I've now lost a lot of boot depth though and I've still got bulky items that always live in the boot

2013-11-27214249.jpg

So now if I need to put more than the usual weeks shopping in the boot or if I go on holiday or have to work away I'm gonna have to put the boot back to stock and revert back to the spacesaver which kinda defeats the point of converting to a full size but I'll need the extra boot space back

The next mod I've carried out I place the blame entirely on Hyrule as it's his fault for linking me to it but here it is

2013-11-27212056.jpg

2013-11-27212109.jpg

2013-11-27212145.jpg

2013-11-27212218.jpg

Please excuse how filthy the car is at the moment. Work has been quite hectic, its rained like mad, I've been driving up n down the country daily and I've covered many many miles on country roads so as a result I've been unable to clean the poor girl in a couple weeks.

And what would of been another mod is I've purchased a bonnet lip, only thing is it's turned out to be a couple inches too small. Not sure whether its from a facelift or a pre facelift ST. So if anyone wants a bonnet lip lol..

2013-11-26181107.jpg

Again excuse the dirt

Hahah I take no responsibility for the scuff plates.lol well a little. But yeah they look great, glad you liked and nice to see someone else with them ;) :D

• Like 1

Hahah I take no responsibility for the scuff plates.lol well a little. But yeah they look great, glad you liked and nice to see someone else with them ;) :D

It's entirely your fault!!

:P

I was tinkering with the idea of getting some many months ago mate but I think the only ones I could find was stupidly priced so I forgot about the idea.

Then I saw yours and for that price it would of been rude not to get em ;)

Dont worry it's one of the cheaper mods I've been peer-pressured into doing by members of this forum :lol:

Considering the amount of things I've already wired into my car it was very straight forward on what to do

Apart from the faff I had getting power to the driversides scuff plates by deciding to splice them into my ignition barrel illumination loom. Resulting in me laying on my back in the door way with my head in the footwell using my phones flash for light trying to splice it in at 6pm with no daylight.

I even ended up slicing straight through the earth of the ignition barrel loom while trying to gently peel back the plastic with my new stanley. So I had to splice the earth back together itself before i could earth the scuff plates into it.

The passenger side was dead easy though as I spliced into my rear footwell lighting loom which I purposely made easy to access in the passenger footwell.

All up n running sweet as you can see

Just cant wait for saturday n a day off work so I can jetwash n detail the poor girl n hoover the hell outa the inside n give it a dash wipe or 2. I'll get the scuff plates to shine up lovely too.

Can happily say that the focus is no longer being neglected and the poor old girl has now had a good wash and a hoover

Went a bit mad with the photos

2013-11-30145910.jpg

2013-11-30145858.jpg

2013-11-30145848.jpg

2013-11-30145837.jpg

2013-11-30145821-1.jpg

2013-11-30145810.jpg

2013-11-30145756-1.jpg

2013-11-30145748-1.jpg

2013-11-30145722-1.jpg

2013-11-30145710-1.jpg

2013-11-30145700-1.jpg

2013-11-30150156.jpg

Couldnt decide on the best angle :P

Cant wait to get some bigger alloys to finish the outside off

When washing I noticed a load more new scratches which I'm not happy about

There is a rather large big swirl of scratches right on my bonnet. Dunno what could of done it

• Like 1

Thought you'd pick up on that lol

It's a permanant fixture there mate the amount of driving I do

I buy the stuff by the case load. Currently got about 17 cans in me boot cause i was running low so bought another 12 today

Very smart indeed!

Headlights look a lot meaner with thoughts brows ... Look great :-)

Not really that much of a mod seeing as I done it over a year ago but I've now re-carbon wrapped my interior

2013-12-05212937.jpg

2013-12-05212948.jpg

2013-12-05212956.jpg

Quite a shoddy temp job as I tried but failed to sand off a lot of bad orange peel from a botched attempt of spraying them panther black a while ago so it's quite bumpy in places.

Gonna unwrap it all again when I can n get some white spirit on it to aid with sanding then re wrap once its all smooth

When I get the time n the right weather I'll attempt carbon dipping again

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

While I'm trying to work out what to do about alloy wheels I've begun a new mod project of changing interior lighting to blue led

Starting with the heater dials control unit

2014-01-09160121.jpg

2014-01-09154423.jpg

2014-01-09160204.jpg

Just need to get the heated screen switches done to finish that section of the dash off

2014-01-09154351.jpg

Night shots to follow.

Nice one uncle ;)

Sexy night shots

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm really pleased with this mod. Was annoying the green LEDs not tying in with my blue headunit

Heated screen switches to follow then probably followed by headlight switch. Possibly window switches but not that bothered about them

I'm now closely nearing the end of what I plan to do with the car. Interior wise I've pretty much done everything I can bar fit recaros

Exterior wise I plan to fit 18inch alloys soon as I can followed by black led tail lights and then it will be finished. Would like a duplex exhaust but that seems unlikely for this car.

Then it will be time to strip it all back to standard and part ex the car :)

Wow looks better than I expected m8 I can see why you would want the colour blue to match up ill have to try some other leds

Sent from my C6903 using Ford OC mobile app

your car is looking good fella liking the blue led lights they look much better.

Nice one lads

Not so much a mod but I've fitted bonnet insulation. I know there not much point but I done it just because the car didnt come with it.

Nice one to Sal for hunting it down on eBay for me

2014-01-11162227.jpg

Finally got the insulation done.

After how long of looking? :d

Ages mate. Spose it werent bad for a 5 plus 4quid for the clips.

Back onto the subject of me new blue led heater dials, i now have an issue i've just noticed. Not with me heater dials but with me 12v socket.

There is no power to it. I know its not the fuse though as the second 12v socket i fitted in me dash storage is still working and they both run off the same fuse.

I'm assuming i may have knocked the connector off the original 12v socket when trying to ram the mass of wiring back in me dash for me headunit.

Will have to take the kick panel off to invesigate.

Is there anything else that could stop it working?

• Like 1

Sounds about right, the supply is from a parallel connection so if the plug is knocked off the original socket then the other socket will still work.

Just as i thought mate. I'll investigate later if i can or tomorrow before i set off again

Is it accessible from the passenger side kick panel as well or just the driverside?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club