Do Not Sell My Personal Information

looking to buy mk1 1.6 zetec

Liam-O

well its going to be my first car, really have my eye on a 3dr mark one. 1.6 seems the only way to go as im 19 and i here the 1.4 is a bit sluggish.

im looking at about 9-10 years old

so far from what ive read ive noticed a few things but im really looking for a checklist that i could use when looking. obviously, theres some things you cant check but if someone knows the mains things that would be great, atleast i could go in with my eyes open

if anyone believes a 1.6 zetec isnt the right choice (price range 1500-2000) i would love to know other similar alternatives

thanks

Liam-O

well its going to be my first car, really have my eye on a 3dr mark one. 1.6 seems the only way to go as im 19 and i here the 1.4 is a bit sluggish.

im looking at about 9-10 years old

so far from what ive read ive noticed a few things but im really looking for a checklist that i could use when looking. obviously, theres some things you cant check but if someone knows the mains things that would be great, atleast i could go in with my eyes open

if anyone believes a 1.6 zetec isnt the right choice (price range 1500-2000) i would love to know other similar alternatives

thanks

Liam-O

like yourself i chose the 1.6 because of my age and the 1.4 is a bit sluggish.

keep an eye out for rust around the inner lip on the rear wheel arches and also around the mirror base plates.

engine wise they are pretty sound, just remember the timing belt is due at 100k miles/10years. and will cost about £200 - £250.

just check all the buttons work and the car drives well really, for example make sure the heater fan works on all 4 speeds. make sure the intermittent wipers work etc...

yer the timing belt is something im definitely looking for in the service history otherwise its straight in the garage

ive got my eyes on a few but the 3dr 1.6 seem to be few and far apart, obviously i like it for a reason, it must appeal to others

thanks for your reply :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club