Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possible To Hand Car Back For Another

Mick78

As title

I have a two month old Zetec with the Ecoboost engine but can't get into the way it drives, longer gear ratios mostly don't suit my driving style

Would it be possible to trade the Ecoboost in for the 1.25 version. I take it the 1.25 still has the shorter ratios

You can do whatever you like, it's your car ;)

You can ask your dealer, they will give you a part-ex price for yours, a price for the new car then work out how to sort the difference out.

It is really that bad though? I've heard nothing but good reviews for the 1.0 engine, my local salesman said he'd never be able to sell another 1.25 now!

I'm not a big fan of the long ratios but it helps keep the mpg high

Nothing is stopping you from selling the car, but you may find you will owe them money to cover the money the car has lost so far.

Thanks for the replies

Can't fault the engine, it's as owners and the reveiw's have said it is. Long ratios just don't suit me, mostly do 30mph zone driving and always being in third seems unnatural, 4th and the engine seems to labour

Have it out on Ford options and it doesn't says anything in the small print about trading in early

Thanks for the replies

Can't fault the engine, it's as owners and the reveiw's have said it is. Long ratios just don't suit me, mostly do 30mph zone driving and always being in third seems unnatural, 4th and the engine seems to labour

Have it out on Ford options and it doesn't says anything in the small print about trading in early

I have been thinking about this thread over the last few days when I drive my ecoboost 125ps, I really can't understand why you feel the engine is labouring at 30 in 4th gear. I can put the car in 5th at 37+ mph on a flat run and even then only feel a slight shake / judder.

If your referring to accelerating then I understand, as I would probably have to drop to 3rd.

J

I've come from a 225hp Focud ST and adjusted to the low power / torque within a week and now drive 20mph = 2nd / 30mph = 3rd etc.

Thanks for the replies

Willy, I drive the Ecoboost the same way your doing. It's my first car with a turbo so just adjusting to it

Must be my driving style, need to get the L plates back on

Give it a while Mick and see how it goes. If you decide it's not for you, you can trade it but will not get back what you paid for it as I've done this after a year owning a new car, the dealer only paid the remaining finance so lost 12 months worth of payments at £250 a go :(

Thanks for the replies

I do agree with you about the gears they are very low. I find even changing into 5th at 50 and the engine seems to labour where my last car i could drive at 30 in 5th quite happily. However I think its just something I will get used to. Its not the same car as my last one. if you look at the revs at 30 in 4th or 3rd for that matter its still pretty low so I dount you will take too much of a mpg hit. Also cars will drive quite happily at high revs and low gears so its not going to harm the car, just the way your used to driving.

If you decide to change the car at a very early stage your gonna loose a huge amount of money on it, several thousand pounds, so also something to take into consideration.

Willy, I know what your saying, money madness to change this early

Ayrshiredude, the Ecoboost and my old 1.25l are roughly using the same revs at the same speed by with the longer gearing the Ecoboost I find is happier at a lower gear

Just have to drive it to its strengths and get the 1.25l driving style out of the system

I do agree with you about the gears they are very low. .

That should read the gears are very high/ long, not low

Hi, I drove a 1.00 100ps Fiesta recently, as we've ordered one, and, to be honest, I didn't drive it any different to my 1.6 remapped ecoboost. Gearing was nothing that I paid any attention to really, I was just amazed at a low rpm the torque kicks in for the size of engine.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club