Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Washing The Car

wba1990

So my Fiesta is filthy, like really bad (that my mates can write stuff into the dirt!) and I want/need to clean it, however I don't have access to a hosepipe. So how is the best way to 1) clean the car, any tips etc and 2) do it without the use of a hosepipe?

I have that same problem so i use a local garage to jetwash the main dirt away then bring it home and give it the 2 bucket method one full of nice soapy water to wash and one full of clean water to rinse your washmit before dipping back into soapy stuff :) if you look in the detailing guides on here someone has a more indepth insrruction if this helps

Thanks for that. I may do thatthen to be honest, garage to jetwash and get rid of the main dirt then home to give it a proper wash

Works wonders like coz all the heavy muck and crap just get washed off then when you come to wash it by hand it will be easier happy cleaning :D

Buckets of water! Lol you can get this stuff called demon shine which comes in a spray bottle. Simply spray on and wipe off for a streak free shine! Lol :) recommend using a jet wash first though :)

avoid any garage car washes like the plague , the brushes are usually filthy dirty , i always wash mine at home with bucket and hose with a microfibre hand mitt and dry off with a micro fibre towel nothing fancy just some basic car shampoo and plenty of clean water. in my opinion if you pay to get your car washed you either got too much money or you dont care much for your car. :D

I usually take mine up to the garage and use the jet wash. I take a bucket and a sponge as well. I use the warm pre wash first to loosen the dirt and use the last 30 secs or so to fill the bucket with the warm soapy water. I then use the sponge to wash the car and then use the cold rinse to rinse the soap off. Costs £2 so can't complain.

Since you don't want to use a hosepipe (either cause not having one, either during a hosepipe ban), you might consider rinse-less wash products. You wash with two buckets as usual, but dont need to rinse afterwards, just dry. If the car is really dirty, you might need to go somewhere to powerwash most of the muck off. Moderately dirty, just prespray and ready to wash. Some examples are:

Optimum no rinse (referred to as ONR)

Chemical guys Hose Free Eco Wash (the one I use and really like)

Dodo Juice Low on Eau

Wolf's Chemicals Mean Green

Check out these links:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/113318-onr-definitive-thread.html

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=247866

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=301592

happy washing :)

I don't have access to a hose pipe, so i use this : http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_241043_langId_-1_categoryId_255232

I also have buckets of water with grit guards in, and use that to apply the shampoo/clean the paintwork. Then use the hozelock to rinse the car down before and after shampoo.

I have a local garage that has a hot jet wash with foam and wax phases.

Costs me about £6 which is for hot rinse, foam, hot wash, wax and finish off with a quick hot rinse just to remove any excess wax from glass and tyres.

There is also a foam brush but I only use that on the wheels and under the sills to remove any stubborn muck.

As I live in a part of the city which gets a lot of diesel fumes and seagull crap a good jet wash is essential.

I never use an auto car wash as the brushes scratch like crazy and do nasty things to mirrors, window vents and aerials.

Sometimes if I want a really good job done I can get a hand wash from the guys at work that maintain our patrol cars.

A few quid and a slab of beers goes a long way with them.

I never seem to have time to do a thorough wash myself, so I do the best I can with the spare hours I have.