Get Your Club gear
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

starbuck007

Weird Noise On My St24

9 posts in this topic

Hey to all avid Ford fans,

I seek some advice please regarding my recent purchase of a Mondy ST24.

Quite often and gaining in frequency, a noise appears from the front of car. It varies in duration and when it there, it drowns the car it that noisy. My lovelly ST24 is drawing looks for the wrong reasons, lol. It appears not to be engine (revs) related and comes and goes. It does sound like the kinda noise you sometimes get from flushing a loo, that droaning kinda noise.

The air con switch light always stays on and does not go out when pressed, not sure if that plays a part.

Any one experienced this kinda noise? shed any light?

I am not mechanically gifted of financially for that matter so any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

John

Difficult to say, but my first port of call would be the hose between the intercooler and EGR as they are prone to splitting. I don't know much about your car, but it's a very common problem on the Mk3 Mondeo and as such, most folks replace them with non-splitting silicon equivalents.

If it isn't that, then the only other places I've ever heard such a noise would be brake pads worn down to the metal, or running with insufficient coolant/liquid in the system.

starbuck007 likes this

Thanks BigD, will go check your points out and see how we get on.

Respect,

John.

air lock in system maybe

is it a kind of fog horn noise, if it is it could be 'MOOSING' which is common on the st24.

is it a kind of fog horn noise, if it is it could be 'MOOSING' which is common on the st24.

rofl :lol:

found a video of a moosing st 24 which you can compair too, usually cured by fitting a longer pipe to the inlet manifold boot.

starbuck007 likes this

actuator/vacuum problem in that video by sounds of it.

found a video of a moosing st 24 which you can compair too, usually cured by fitting a longer pipe to the inlet manifold boot.

Thanks for this, the weird noise is pretty much identical to this, but somewhat louder. Not being mechanically minded, i will get a mate to check the inlet manifold boot pipe for me. Will advise how it goes.