Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Jersey Girl

2013 Escape (Us Kuga) 1.6L Engine Overheating After Recall Fix

4 posts in this topic

Are the hoses pressurised? The symptoms suggest no pressure in the system which allows the coolant to boil at lower temperatures than a pressurised system. Have you checked the expansion tank cap? It wouldn't surprise me if a mechanic forgot to do it up properly.

Are the hoses pressurised? The symptoms suggest no pressure in the system which allows the coolant to boil at lower temperatures than a pressurised system. Have you checked the expansion tank cap? It wouldn't surprise me if a mechanic forgot to do it up properly.

I'm guessing they were pressurised since I only had 2 intermittent issues with the overheating while driving at highway speed. I still don't understand how it could have overheated since the engine should be air cooled fairly well at highway speed.

The expansion tank cap looked fine. The hoses and all the clamps looked great too. I'm so bummed out :-(

Just make sure the expansion tank cap is nice and tight and hopefully you don't get anymore problems. I like the look of the US version. Good luck with it.