#1 Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Missy
  • Ford Model: Escape
  • Year: 2013

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

I don't know what engine the EU Kugas are coming with this year but my 1.6L engine had an issue after the recall fix.  See my link below.

http://www.escape-ci...php?f=8&t=19667

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,512 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport
  • Year: 2008

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

Are the hoses pressurised? The symptoms suggest no pressure in the system which allows the coolant to boil at lower temperatures than a pressurised system. Have you checked the expansion tank cap? It wouldn't surprise me if a mechanic forgot to do it up properly.

#3 Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Missy
  • Ford Model: Escape
  • Year: 2013

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

Are the hoses pressurised? The symptoms suggest no pressure in the system which allows the coolant to boil at lower temperatures than a pressurised system. Have you checked the expansion tank cap? It wouldn't surprise me if a mechanic forgot to do it up properly.

I'm guessing they were pressurised since I only had 2 intermittent issues with the overheating while driving at highway speed.  I still don't understand how it could have overheated since the engine should be air cooled fairly well at highway speed. 

The expansion tank cap looked fine.  The hoses and all the clamps looked great too.  I'm so bummed out :-(

#4 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,512 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport
  • Year: 2008

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

Just make sure the expansion tank cap is nice and tight and hopefully you don't get anymore problems. I like the look of the US version. Good luck with it.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users