Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Proscan Elm327 Protocol

stooge75

Im running latest version of proscan 5.9 with elm327cable. Cannot for life o me get it communicating with mk3 mondy tdci 2007.

Tried all different protocols but still no joy. I can get scantool to work (limited),though. I have all correct drivers set up. Anyone??

Dunno but if it's anything like F-Super/Formidable, you may need to specify which COM port it's connected to in preferences. F-Super won't work either until you do that.

You can find that out from Device Manager.

think it was because the cable i now find,is a clone.

some clones can be duff unfortunately but you need to make sure the right drivers are installed, otherwise, it cant tell what device its pretending to be

yeah i found that out the hard way. plus I think proscan & maybe even sscanmaster has to work with elmscan5 & not elm327(clone)

Dont think I'll be looking for cracked software again,as accidently infected the pc with the fef.gener!c trojan lol.(took ages to get rid of it).

cracked software is not the best... Not that I use cracked software (of course...) but if you were wanting to do anything that might risk your PC's health, set yourself up a virtual PC and use that for all your dodgy stuff. If it dies, delete and recreate, or delete and use the copy :D

I have the software but need a genuine elm cable. Unbelieveable,that outta 19 different elm327/elmscan cables on eBay,not 1 is a genuine cable. I emailed every seller & asked if their cables are genuine and ALL replied "its a 3rd party cable!!!". And i had to drag the reply outta them.

Hmmmm I got an Elm 327 made up by one of the other kind fellas on our forums that cost 14 pounds but they can work a treat. Have you thought about trying one, of them?

a genuine elm327 cable cant be bought for that price i dont think. that'll probably be a good clone. was online last night & came across a site that had pics of damage done to electronics in some cars,through using cloned cables.quite bad

im not using anymore cloned cables full stop.if it was a genuine wifi elm327 for £14,well thats another story

think i read somewhere that the chip for the elm327 cable alone,is £12 or thereabouts

fair comment Angus, I can understand the reluctance!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club