Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tow Bar Wiring.

Nathan_M

Hi,

I was just having a look underneath the old girl today and noticed that there is a green cable coming from the actual bar next to the thick black power cable, anyway the green cable is snapped off and tucked under the bumper and I'm unsure of what the green cable is for, maybe a ground, I don't use the tow bar anyway, but it would be interesting to know what's on.

Hi,

I was just having a look underneath the old girl today and noticed that there is a green cable coming from the actual bar next to the thick black power cable, anyway the green cable is snapped off and tucked under the bumper and I'm unsure of what the green cable is for, maybe a ground, I don't use the tow bar anyway, but it would be interesting to know what's on.

Using tow bars myself in New Zealand, it sounds like an earth to me.

Seeing as I don't use it at all its not going to matter if I just leave it really will it?

I wouldn't have thought so, it's just an earthing wire. :huh: *ponders*

I wouldn't have thought so, it's just an earthing wire. :huh: *ponders*

My point is its never touched and so i wouldn't have thought it will make a lot of difference, unless i want to use it which i dont, i guess it has its own fuse? I might just pull it out.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club