#1 StornowayBlue

StornowayBlue

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Name: Iain
  • Ford Model: Mondeo
  • Year: 2008

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

Hi Folks, New member to the forum.Hoping someone can help tell me if rear seats from a 10-Plate would fit into the back of my Van. I removed the grate, bulkhead and sub-floor to have a look underneath. It looks like there are fixing points on the chassis and behind the plastic trim. I'm guessing that everything would just bolt in there?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,832 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:29 AM

First welcome to the Forum Iain.

Concerning the seats, you're best off checking the hole alignment first to ensure they match up and also that the holes are suitably robust enough to securely hold the seats in place.

If the main body and chassis is the same as a standard vehicle (which they tend to be with just having all rear trim stripped out) you should be fine, just don't forget the seat belts. :)

#3 StornowayBlue

StornowayBlue

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Name: Iain
  • Ford Model: Mondeo
  • Year: 2008

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

Thanks Clive, my problem is I don't have a rear seat to try out in the first instance. I stripped out much of the floor and trim and took pictures. There appears to be mounting locations at the sides and along the back but I can only assume at this stage that everything is there. Centre seatbelt mounting, for example - there doesn't appear to be any holes in the floor for this. Perhaps they fasten to the seat base? Perhaps I'm just not seeing it. I think Ill go out today while I have a day-off and see if I can find a fiesta with an owner prepared to allow me to look under their rear seats. Hardly spoilt for dealerships where i'm from!

If anyone has pictures of under rear seat fixings, would help greatly.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users